Moving

Come in and sit with us at the bar. Jokes, politics, rants, ...

Moving

Unread postby HopSong » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:21 pm

Just a note. I've been quite quiet for quite a while now. Lots going on in my life. I'm in a long, drawn out process of moving from Healdsburg to Santa Rosa, CA. Not a great distance; only ~15 miles. but a little closer to Nesto. But I have a lifetime of accumulation of what I consider treasure.. and it's difficult to part with. We are downsizing. Arggh. There are other things happening that are requiring a lot of attention as well. So, I'll continue to be quiet for another couple of weeks.. and then it might be "Katy, bar the doors".

One of the things I'm just about to complete is the finish work on the old garage. It's a two car unit that I had someone sheetrock for me. I did add a 220v circuit for my BM. This is new to me, but I still have my BIAB as well as conventional 3v. I've finished painting and getting the rest of the electrical in place. One of the things I did in the "new" house is to install LED lighting in both the kitchen and the dining area. Wow, is that great lighting. It's all recessed and puts out a metric ton of light for far less energy consumption. That said, I'm considering doing the same in the garage. I may only do a section at a time due to the general expense.

Now comes the planning of the workshop and the brewing parts of the space. I'd like for once in the 40+ years of our marriage to be able to put one car in the garage.. so, I'll have some planning to do. I'll have to do this before I begin sorting thru my crap.. er. strike that.. make it treasures. Four piles... toss, donate, sell, keep. Oh, what have I gotten myself into.

Anyhow, cheers folks.. I'll be back. I'm looking forward to doing a "dry run" with the BM to make sure it works before adding grain to the mix.

HbgBill (now, SRBill :) )
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Model: 20 litres

Re: Moving

Unread postby niels » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:30 pm

Well Bill, at least you can spend some time planning and organizing your space. We bought a house thinking that we had tons of time to renovate (as in: stripping it totally and redoing it) and discovered only a few weeks later that offspring was on the way. So we went in overdrive to get the house in a livable state before the birth. Now I've been living for 2 years in a half-done house with no time on my hands to start finishing it.

Oh, and I moved six times in my life, so I have some experience (un)packing "treasures". I still have boxes in the attic that were packed during my second move... But I just can't throw them out yet.

But enough about me! Congratulations about your new place. It's always nice to start "fresh" and organize your things. It feels very fulfilling. And if stress gets the upperhand, simple breath calmly and pour yourself a homebrew!

We'll keep your spot warm until you return to our little community! ;)

:cheers:
- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby HopSong » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:30 pm

Ha, thanks Niels. I have "stuff" I haven't touched, and in some cases, seen, in over 50 yrs. What does that tell you? Hoarder.. yep, that's me. That said.. I've been having home brew.. but the pipeline is all but gone. I need to make a priority of doing a brew in the next week or two.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby ibbones » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:34 pm

HbgBill wrote:
Now comes the planning of the workshop and the brewing parts of the space. I'd like for once in the 40+ years of our marriage to be able to put one car in the garage.. so, I'll have some planning to do.

HbgBill (now, SRBill :) )

Ha ha ha...that's us. We have been in our house for only 16 years but went from two cars in the garage plus Motorcycle to parking the cars out in the driveway. At what point did we go from putting $$ cars$$ in the driveway so we could put $200.00 worth of junk in the garage?

Good luck on the move. Sounds like you have a plan.
"BONES"
20 Liter BM
ibbones

Unread postby niels » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:01 pm

HbgBill wrote:I've been having home brew.. but the pipeline is all but gone. I need to make a priority of doing a brew in the next week or two.

Well, maybe Nesto can make a supply run ;)

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Nesto » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:07 pm

niels wrote:
HbgBill wrote:I've been having home brew.. but the pipeline is all but gone. I need to make a priority of doing a brew in the next week or two.

Well, maybe Nesto can make a supply run ;)

- Niels

Haha! Unfortunately, Nesto and his brew partners don't have much of a pipeline ;) Four brewers is too many to support with a BM20!! We do have a few sours though Bill - come down and visit any time! Post pics of your remodels too - I'm sure everyone would love to see.

Return to The Pub