BrewBit Model-T

Come in and sit with us at the bar. Jokes, politics, rants, ...

BrewBit Model-T

Unread postby malzrohr » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:43 pm

I had bought the BM to achieve consistency on the brewing hot side and I have got the cold side covered as well now: I have just pre-ordered a BrewBit Model-T :wink:
I really like the functional specs of this thing:
  • manual vs. PID mode (like the BM)
  • 2 probes (so cooling and heating possible); hot swappable
  • digital probes standard and analog (K-type) probes possible
  • temperature profile setup and resume a registered profile in case of power failure
  • touch screen user interface
  • remote user interface (wifi)
  • managed software updates
Would be good though if they added a bubble counter module. Together with the known OG of the wort you would then be able to follow the fermentation and predict the FG and predicted fermentation time.
Es ist zwar ein sehr gutes Bier, die Goslarische Gose; doch wenn man meint, sie sey im Bauch, so liegt sie in der Hose.
malzrohr

Model: 20 litres

Re: BrewBit Model-T

Unread postby rocketman » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:47 pm

Looong wait, delivery in Q2 2015... I use the BrewPi now but will probably get a BrewBit, but Q2 2015 is killing me..
rocketman

Unread postby McMullan » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:19 pm

I typically view 'new things' with a little healthy scepticism. Then my questions (the answers to them) let me know if 'the new thing' is useful to me. The 'BrewBit Model-T' is, well, the "bogs feckin' dollocks"! I'm lovin it. I want one. The ATC 800 that I set up last year has been great, but I've just decided to use it to maintain the temperature of my beagle's crate next winter. So I'll be needing to get me one of them there BrewBit thingies. A reasonable price, too, even with extortionate shipping rates to Europe. Wonderful what a few guys' passions about home brew can design!

Thanks for the pointer, malzrohr :D
McMullan

Unread postby bierfest » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:28 am

Looks great.. would be handy to control my fermentation chamber as i dont really want to have to wire up an STC. Also this is probably a much smaller footprint than anything I would build. Pity about the wait time - thats the only thing stopping me from pressing buy.

I am always concerned with IOT services about what will happen if the service provider goes belly up. However these guys seem to have it covered. Their software is opensource so worst case scenario you can host the webservice yourself. Pity more providers are not doing this.
bierfest

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby malzrohr » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:57 am

Sadly, looks like the BrewBit Model-T did not gain enough momentum. I had one in pre-order and it looks like I will have to look out for something else. Fortunately, there are alternatives.
Es ist zwar ein sehr gutes Bier, die Goslarische Gose; doch wenn man meint, sie sey im Bauch, so liegt sie in der Hose.
malzrohr

Unread postby Cervantes » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:34 pm

I picked up one of the Ohmbrew Fermostats second hand.

https://youtu.be/KOyQvr5IGU4

I can program in fermentation profiles that run when I'm away at work.

When I get back my beer is fermented and cold crashed ready for me to gelatine and keg.
Cheers :cheers:
Andy
Cervantes

Unread postby bierfest » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:07 pm

I also recently got an Ohmbrew Fermostat. They are not cheap but are a really well made piece of kit. Very solid and easy to use. Does everything it claims to do. Caeleb the guy who makes them was really responsive and helpful when I mailed with multiple questions. I like the fact that you can program in stepped fermentation schedules and leave it to do its job. However you can also adjust the schedule in the fly if you need more or less time on a step depending on your yeast etc.

I'm finishing up kitting out my fermentation chamber complete with Fermostat. I will post some pics when I am done.
bierfest

Unread postby bierfest » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:08 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437484068.948565.jpg
bierfest

Unread postby Dicko » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:05 pm

Here is a cheaper option which is available in Australia.....I would assume it is chinese made and would be available in most countries.

http://kegking.com.au/measurement-contr ... -cool.html
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Unread postby niels » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:10 pm

I had one in pre-order too :(

I do have a new BrewPi Spark, but at the time of purchase the software wasn't ready and it is gathering dust in a cabinet.

I did like the all-in-one box approach and the easy connectivity of the BrewBit.

Well... Back toy simple STC-1000.

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby judgecc » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:21 am

judgecc

Unread postby Cervantes » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:01 am

Dicko wrote:Here is a cheaper option which is available in Australia.....I would assume it is chinese made and would be available in most countries.

I paid more than that for the Ohmbrew Fermostat second hand.

I wish that I'd known about these earlier.

Looks like a bargain Dicko.
Cheers :cheers:
Andy
Cervantes

Unread postby Batz » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:03 am

Dicko wrote:Here is a cheaper option which is available in Australia.....I would assume it is chinese made and would be available in most countries.

I can see a use for this while working away, nice find.

Batz
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
Batz

Unread postby Dicko » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:42 am

Batz wrote:

I can see a use for this while working away, nice find.

Batz

As you know I am away during most weeks and I will be using one of these to ferment my lagers while I am away.

Just waiting for them to come back onto stock.

I nearly bought the Fermostat from an Australian supplier but glad I didnt now as he does not even list that piece of kit on his web site now...

:cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Unread postby peram » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:24 am

I'm using brewpi in its "original form" as described in this thread : http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=466106 and it works like a champ. Yes, you have to source the stuff on your own,and it does not have any casing, but it works. Right now it is controlling the fermentation of my "Norsk Juleøl" aka Norwegian Christmas Ale :Image

with profile and everything. Real happy about that setup....

regs,

peram
peram

Next

Return to The Pub