Kimchi Farms Festival 2014 Amsterdam

Come in and sit with us at the bar. Jokes, politics, rants, ...

Kimchi Farms Festival 2014 Amsterdam

Unread postby dinnerstick » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi Good BMers. For anyone more or less local to amsterdam, there is a fun festival coming up, see poster. It's lots of local food; small caterers, bbq, sausage makers, chocolate makers, cake bakers, and lots of small breweries, from the upcoming dutch microbreweries to lots of homebrew that covers the spectrum of quality. This year each brewer is required to bring one fruit beer in addition. Bands and DJs as well. I will be there (as always) serving several BM-brewed beers (Brouwerij de Kromme Haring) as well as my one contract-brewed beer, the recipe for which was developed on the BM. I know a few of the micros also used to brew on several parallel BM50's but i'm not sure if anyone else will be serving BM beer, strictly speaking. But i'll have 3 of them to try! So please drop by if you are around. Entry is free, you buy tokens at the gate for food and beer.
kimchi ff 2014 web.jpeg
dinnerstick

Model: 20 litres

Re: Kimchi Farms Festival 2014 Amsterdam

Unread postby dinnerstick » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:11 pm

I should say I will be there saturday. So, please go on saturday!
dinnerstick

Unread postby Erick » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:16 am

Yep, I'll be there :D :cheers:
Alléz HOP!
Erick

Unread postby dinnerstick » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:55 am

great, see you there! there will be three of us at our table, only one of the three is me. please say hello!
dinnerstick

Unread postby dinnerstick » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:54 am

i had to post this.... at the festival i was chatting with ron pattinson, one of the top beer historians on this planet, especially on british beers, he lives in amsterdam and is a regular speaker and drinker at beer events. anyways he tried my 'northern english dark ale', it doesn't really fit a category but it's sort of a malty sweet slightly roasty strong mild, and when his friend came looking for a beer, ron pointed at that one and said "this one's not half bad actually". my friend and i shot each other a proud glance and tried not to melt. he then supervised my pour so that the glass was full to the rim, english style, rather than the half-foam dutch pour, got himself a second glass of my smoked imperial porter. i was like a schoolgirl with a crush on the star football player, agreeing with everything and laughing at all his jokes...
anyways it was a great festival and we sold a crapload of beer, about 80L in all, ate delicious locally made sausages, and met loads of nice people. here's my beer list, if anyone is really bored! (it contains a little lie, the raspberries are from a tin, not from limburg...!)
beer list kimchi2014arse.pdf
(43.08 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
dinnerstick

Unread postby McMullan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Sounds like it was a great weekend, dinnerstick. Maybe next year.
McMullan

Return to The Pub