A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Come in and sit with us at the bar. Jokes, politics, rants, ...

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby Batz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:20 pm

I have an early model and if I cut the power in anyway the screens comes up with " interrupted..resume, abort" Enter will abort, either up/down arrow will resume. I have done it a couple of times.

Batz
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
User avatar
Batz
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: Queensland Australia
Model: 50 litres

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby Dicko » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:25 pm

Batz wrote:I have an early model and if I cut the power in anyway the screens comes up with " interrupted..resume, abort" Enter will abort, either up/down arrow will resume. I have done it a couple of times.

Batz


Thanks Jeff, Mine is a bit later model I think.
After these post yesterday I got the manual out again and had a read of it and it didn't seem to mention anything re power interuption a resuming the program.
I am goint to put some water in mine today and start a simulated brew and then swith the power off to see what happens.

I'll be back! :lol:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
User avatar
Dicko
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:25 pm
Location: Port Lincoln South Oz
Model: 20 litres

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby Batz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:26 pm

I have only had a wort fountain once, and I have no idea why as everything was the same as usual. Lucky that I just happened to be standing there when it happened, I just unplugged the extension cord gave it a stir and resumed the mash, all was good after that.
I often worry this could happen during an over-night mash.


Batz
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
User avatar
Batz
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: Queensland Australia
Model: 50 litres

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby Dicko » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:06 am

Batz wrote:I have only had a wort fountain once, and I have no idea why as everything was the same as usual. Lucky that I just happened to be standing there when it happened, I just unplugged the extension cord gave it a stir and resumed the mash, all was good after that.
I often worry this could happen during an over-night mash.


Batz


It has made me think about overnite mashing again.
If I do another overnite mash I will put some rice hulls in the mash to help with an even circulation of the wort through the grains.
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
User avatar
Dicko
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:25 pm
Location: Port Lincoln South Oz
Model: 20 litres

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby Victor Coelho » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:14 am

Dicko wrote:If I do another overnite mash I will put some rice hulls in the mash to help with an even circulation of the wort through the grains.


Dicko,
I guess this might be the best idea!
Victor Coelho
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 12:37 am
Location: Rio/Brazil
Model: 20 litres

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby Dicko » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:42 am

OK I have just done a simulated brew in part to test my resume / abort function.

If I switch the power off then back on I get the machine beeping when it comes on and I do have the choice of continue/abort.
So mine is the same as others have described on here.

To work out what happened the other day during clean up I can only assume that I bumped the power cord and it made a break in power twice in the one movement, because when I switched the power off then on, then off then on again, the program would not allow me to resume but went to the window that appears when you first power up the BM.

I am pleased that I have got to the bottom of this one. :cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
User avatar
Dicko
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:25 pm
Location: Port Lincoln South Oz
Model: 20 litres

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby Cervantes » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:32 am

Thanks for sharing Dicko
Cheers :cheers:
Andy
User avatar
Cervantes
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:54 am
Location: Cervantes, Western Australia
Model: 20 litres

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby Dicko » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:44 am

I find it strange that this function is not mentioned anywhere in the Operating Manual.
Well at least not in the one that came with my machine. :roll: :wink:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
User avatar
Dicko
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:25 pm
Location: Port Lincoln South Oz
Model: 20 litres

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby Cervantes » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:20 am

niels wrote:The resume option might be implemented in a later firmware. I'll start a thread for collecting info about the differences between the BM versions. I'll have to prepare some questions, though.

- Niels


Niels,

I haven't checked but presumably each BM has a serial number?

It would be nice for anyone buying second hand, or even new, to check which year that specific serial number was manufactured and which features were introduced or changed, starting at which serial number.

Is this sort of information available from Speidel?

Just a thought.
Cheers :cheers:
Andy
User avatar
Cervantes
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:54 am
Location: Cervantes, Western Australia
Model: 20 litres

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby Batz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:02 am

Dicko wrote:OK I have just done a simulated brew in part to test my resume / abort function.

If I switch the power off then back on I get the machine beeping when it comes on and I do have the choice of continue/abort.
So mine is the same as others have described on here.

To work out what happened the other day during clean up I can only assume that I bumped the power cord and it made a break in power twice in the one movement, because when I switched the power off then on, then off then on again, the program would not allow me to resume but went to the window that appears when you first power up the BM.

I am pleased that I have got to the bottom of this one. :cheers:


Good to hear Dicko.
You mention rice hulls, put some in a cup and pour boiling water and let steep. Drink some and I don't think you'll use them again.

Batz
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
User avatar
Batz
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: Queensland Australia
Model: 50 litres

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby royco » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:39 am

Thanks so much Batz, I've just bought a whole bunch of rice hulls! :(
royco
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:48 am
Location: Durban, South Africa
Model: 50 litres

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby Dicko » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:15 am

Yes mate, I do know the crap that comes from rice hulls.
I should dig up those old pics of my experiment and post them here.
I am on my "dumb phone" at the moment but I will have a look around for the pics when I get back to the desktop.
If I have to use rice hulls I would wash them first at least with three rinses.
Cheers
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
User avatar
Dicko
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:25 pm
Location: Port Lincoln South Oz
Model: 20 litres

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby mrpilsner » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:35 pm

perdido wrote:Today I accidentaly unplugged the chord while mashing. When I plugged it again the program resumed where it stopped although it did start with a pump break. I don't think that the pump break was due so early. Maybe it's an added safety measure.

I am also having issues with wort fountains since the malt grist is low at only 3,1kg for an ordinary bitter recipe (20 litre BM).

I ended up turning down pump speed using the small dial on the pump. I think older BM had a different pump without this feature.

Well, I scurried downstairs to FURTHER study my still unused BM, excited to discover this "small dial on the pump" and much to my disappointment was unable to locate anything resembling that. This is a brand new BM, delivered two weeks ago from More Beer's Pennsylvania location.

Have I acquired an already outdated machine?

(the 220V generator i require is SUPPOSED to be delivered this afternoon.... as it was both Thursday and Friday of last week... I'm actually poised to begin brewing as soon as it begins furnishing juice!)

tom
litres later
mrpilsner
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:04 pm
Location: Texas
Model: 20 litres

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby niels » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:38 pm

mrpilsner wrote:Well, I scurried downstairs to FURTHER study my still unused BM, excited to discover this "small dial on the pump" and much to my disappointment was unable to locate anything resembling that. This is a brand new BM, delivered two weeks ago from More Beer's Pennsylvania location.

Have I acquired an already outdated machine?

(the 220V generator i require is SUPPOSED to be delivered this afternoon.... as it was both Thursday and Friday of last week... I'm actually poised to begin brewing as soon as it begins furnishing juice!)

tom

The pumps changed a few times over the years. I don't think the dial on the latest models... I don't have it and my Braumeister is from 2013.

- Niels
User avatar
niels
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Location: Belgium
Model: 50 litres

Re: A Mess to Clean Up This Morning

Unread postby perdido » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:31 pm

niels wrote:
mrpilsner wrote:Well, I scurried downstairs to FURTHER study my still unused BM, excited to discover this "small dial on the pump" and much to my disappointment was unable to locate anything resembling that. This is a brand new BM, delivered two weeks ago from More Beer's Pennsylvania location.

Have I acquired an already outdated machine?

(the 220V generator i require is SUPPOSED to be delivered this afternoon.... as it was both Thursday and Friday of last week... I'm actually poised to begin brewing as soon as it begins furnishing juice!)

tom

The pumps changed a few times over the years. I don't think the dial on the latest models... I don't have it and my Braumeister is from 2013.

- Niels


My BM is from 2012.

pump_1.jpg
pump_2.jpg
User avatar
perdido
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:19 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Model: 20 litres

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron