What the hell is going on?

Come in and sit with us at the bar. Jokes, politics, rants, ...

What the hell is going on?

Unread postby royco » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:24 am

Netherlands nearly beating South Africa and then knocking the shyte out of England in the World T20 Cricket?! I thought all you guys did well was speed-skating and brewing (BIG smile!)
royco

Model: 50 litres

Re: What the hell is going on?

Unread postby dinnerstick » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:37 am

it's our second humiliation of england in T20 in the past few years! but before we get ahead of ourselves and start applying for test nation status let's recall the 39 all out performance against sri lanka last week...
dinnerstick

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby royco » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:23 am

Don't worry about the 39; all teams go through that at times. I have been watching a bit and you have some really talented players so good times are ahead!
royco

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby dinnerstick » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:34 am

i'm glad you're on it! last NL match i watched any of was the last defeat of england, 2009. i was playing that evening, took one in the goolies, then out for a duck (about spot on my average which falls somewhere shy of 1.0), spent the 2nd innings drinking pints at some useless and stagnant fielding position. i am about the worst player imaginable so the less influence i have on a match the better. got through 20 overs and ran up to the 'pavillion' to see NL finish the job. we had ten doeschate on a rampage but a quick check confirms he's SA and therefore should be playing for england. on that note maybe you want to send old dale over for an extended holiday?
couldn't name a current NL cricketer though...
dinnerstick

Model: 20 litres

Return to The Pub