Present your BM brau!

Come in and sit with us at the bar. Jokes, politics, rants, ...

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby Dicko » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:08 pm

cpa4ny wrote:Hi Dicko - nice-looking brew :beerbang:

I also dig your glassware - is it Australian-made?


I have four of those glasses and they have been in my family as long as I can remember.
My Dad used to drink from them all the time an he passed away in 1978.
I am not sure if they are Australian made but they are a great glass to drink a pale ale style beer from as you get all the aromas from the brew.
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
User avatar
Dicko
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:25 pm
Location: Port Lincoln South Oz
Model: 20 litres

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby cpa4ny » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:59 am

Very impressive that the family managed to keep the glasses intact all these years.

:beer:
_______________________
20L BM user from Singapore
User avatar
cpa4ny
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:54 am
Location: Singapore
Model: 20 litres

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby Batz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:34 am

Dicko wrote:
cpa4ny wrote:Hi Dicko - nice-looking brew :beerbang:

I also dig your glassware - is it Australian-made?


I have four of those glasses and they have been in my family as long as I can remember.
My Dad used to drink from them all the time an he passed away in 1978.
I am not sure if they are Australian made but they are a great glass to drink a pale ale style beer from as you get all the aromas from the brew.


I remember those glasses, I'm sure my dad had a few as well. Strangely similar to the all new IPA glasses don't you think?

Batz
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
User avatar
Batz
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: Queensland Australia
Model: 50 litres

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby Dicko » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:02 am

Batz wrote:
Dicko wrote:
cpa4ny wrote:Hi Dicko - nice-looking brew :beerbang:

I also dig your glassware - is it Australian-made?


I have four of those glasses and they have been in my family as long as I can remember.
My Dad used to drink from them all the time an he passed away in 1978.
I am not sure if they are Australian made but they are a great glass to drink a pale ale style beer from as you get all the aromas from the brew.


I remember those glasses, I'm sure my dad had a few as well. Strangely similar to the all new IPA glasses don't you think?

Batz


Yes they are similar, I find them great for beers where the aroma is important for the overall impression.
I have not seen anything like them in shops or in glassware web sites.
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
User avatar
Dicko
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:25 pm
Location: Port Lincoln South Oz
Model: 20 litres

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby leosardinha » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:27 am

My first brew on the Braumeister since I brought it from Finland to Brazil, I had one brew there but just to test.

bb19dc30e7cf3d15053037d52b41ccaf_640x640.jpg


I call it Tropical Bust, it is an American Pale Ale, fairly simple malt base + 15 g of hops(Cascade and Mosaic) per liter(mostly at flameout and dry hopping) which gives an incredible tropical hop aroma and flavor. I fined with gelatin and forced carbonate and this pic is about 3 weeks after I brewed it.

Looking nice :beerbang:
leosardinha
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:06 am
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Model: 50 litres

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby BrauTim » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:54 pm

An ESB just over 4 weeks from brewday and it's tasting lovely already, it's an brew that I posted about a stuck fermentation at 1.020 (stuck because I hadn't pitched enough yeast), I pitched another 1/2 pack of yeast, added a kilo of sugar and got it going again. Beer is amazing, you can make mistakes and still end up with a great tasting product. This is my first ESB and there's a fair amount of pale, munich and crystal malt flavour coming through, it's well balanced against the bitterness and flavour of the traditional English hops and at 5.7% makes it a nice end of week warmer :drink:

ESB 2.jpg


ESB 1.jpg
To brew or not to brew, that would be a stupid question !
User avatar
BrauTim
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:03 pm
Location: England
Model: 50 litres

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby Dicko » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:50 pm

leosardinha wrote:My first brew on the Braumeister since I brought it from Finland to Brazil, I had one brew there but just to test.

bb19dc30e7cf3d15053037d52b41ccaf_640x640.jpg


I call it Tropical Bust, it is an American Pale Ale, fairly simple malt base + 15 g of hops(Cascade and Mosaic) per liter(mostly at flameout and dry hopping) which gives an incredible tropical hop aroma and flavor. I fined with gelatin and forced carbonate and this pic is about 3 weeks after I brewed it.

Looking nice :beerbang:


15 gramms per litre...that is a real hop hit :D
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
User avatar
Dicko
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:25 pm
Location: Port Lincoln South Oz
Model: 20 litres

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby cpa4ny » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:09 am

Traditional bock :drink:
Traditional bock.jpg
_______________________
20L BM user from Singapore
User avatar
cpa4ny
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:54 am
Location: Singapore
Model: 20 litres

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby Nesto » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:46 am

Here are two recents...

2014-01-22184357_zps67a8501b.jpg
Doppelweizen
Nestominator2_zpsd09fe6b1.jpg
Doppelbock
___________________________
Check out my brewing blog... http://www.sycamorecreekbrewing.com/
User avatar
Nesto
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:03 pm
Location: Northern California
Model: 20 litres

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby Dicko » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:20 am

I am working away from home this week and those beers certainly look great.
I tend not to drink when away from home and the pics of those beers are making me wanting to go home.

They all look fantastic! :drink:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
User avatar
Dicko
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:25 pm
Location: Port Lincoln South Oz
Model: 20 litres

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby Elderberry » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:20 am

Here are a couple (not-so-good) pics of my first-ever BM brau! It's a RyePA that turned out pretty decent. I mashed at pretty low temps to mitigate the stickiness of the rye, but I might have gone a bit too low. It's a very clean and dry rye.

20140417_185744.jpg
20140417_185923.jpg
Elderberry
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:08 am
Location: Belgium
Model: 20 litres

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby niels » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Elderberry wrote:Here are a couple (not-so-good) pics of my first-ever BM brau! It's a RyePA that turned out pretty decent. I mashed at pretty low temps to mitigate the stickiness of the rye, but I might have gone a bit too low. It's a very clean and dry rye.

Nice color and head! Looks very tasty :)

Niels
User avatar
niels
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Location: Belgium
Model: 50 litres

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby Okire » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:29 pm

My American Pale Ale, single hoped with Cascade. Fits just perfect this warm Swedish spring evening.

image.jpg
Try my two commercially available beers, Sheriffen and Alkemisten (Sweden only sadly)
User avatar
Okire
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:46 pm
Location: Västerås, Sweden
Model: 50 litres

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby niels » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:28 pm

Okire wrote:My American Pale Ale, single hoped with Cascade. Fits just perfect this warm Swedish spring evening.

Wow, you label all your bottles?

Niels
User avatar
niels
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Location: Belgium
Model: 50 litres

Re: Present your BM brau!

Unread postby Okire » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:08 am

No, I do not label, the bottle is from a local brewery that I have developed the recipe for. So I suppose that technically it is not my brew presented.
Try my two commercially available beers, Sheriffen and Alkemisten (Sweden only sadly)
User avatar
Okire
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:46 pm
Location: Västerås, Sweden
Model: 50 litres

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest