Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Come in and sit with us at the bar. Jokes, politics, rants, ...

Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby niels » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:37 am

Last week I subscribed to a new brewing magazine: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine. The price was a bit steep (international postage sucks), but since there are not many options I wanted to support this new magazine.

The first issue will be send out in April, so I can't comment on the content yet.

Niels
User avatar
niels
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Location: Belgium
Model: 50 litres

Re: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby Cervantes » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:13 am

Whilst I'm all for supporting any brewing related venture it does seem very steep at $10 an issue including international postage.

I've just subscribed to BYO magazine and you get both print and electronic copies for $6.25 an issue including international postage.

https://subscribe.pcspublink.com/sub/subscribeformbattprf2.aspx?t=JDP11&p=BREW

I will be very interested to hear what the content is like though.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks
Andy
Cheers :cheers:
Andy
User avatar
Cervantes
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:54 am
Location: Cervantes, Western Australia
Model: 20 litres

Re: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby niels » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:42 am

Cervantes wrote:Whilst I'm all for supporting any brewing related venture it does seem very steep at $10 an issue including international postage.

I've just subscribed to BYO magazine and you get both print and electronic copies for $6.25 an issue including international postage.

I totally agree about the price. But since the only other options for magazines seems to be Zymurgy (with AHA membership) and BYO I decided to give it a shot. I really like reading stuff ;)

Niels
User avatar
niels
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Location: Belgium
Model: 50 litres

Re: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby cpa4ny » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:41 am

I subscribe to both Zymurgy & BYO and I get both of them on my iPad - no waiting for international mail :beerbang:

Thank you Niels for highlighting this Craft Beer & Brewing magazine - I have not heard of its existence until today.

Just sent them my 40 bucks as well :cheers:
_______________________
20L BM user from Singapore
User avatar
cpa4ny
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:54 am
Location: Singapore
Model: 20 litres

Re: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby niels » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:49 am

cpa4ny wrote:I subscribe to both Zymurgy & BYO and I get both of them on my iPad - no waiting for international mail :beerbang:

When you become member of the AHA you can use the Zymurgy app to read all issues back to 2000. This is a cool feature, but I still prefer reading an actual magazine (book).

Niels
User avatar
niels
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Location: Belgium
Model: 50 litres

Re: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby Cervantes » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:15 am

niels wrote:Last week I subscribed to a new brewing magazine: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine. The price was a bit steep (international postage sucks), but since there are not many options I wanted to support this new magazine.

The first issue will be send out in April, so I can't comment on the content yet.

Niels


Neils,

Did you receive this magazine?

Cheers
Andy
Cheers :cheers:
Andy
User avatar
Cervantes
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:54 am
Location: Cervantes, Western Australia
Model: 20 litres

Re: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby niels » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:34 am

Cervantes wrote:Neils,

Did you receive this magazine?

Cheers
Andy

Not yet... But since it has to cross the Atlantic Ocean to get to Europe I don't expect it to be here before the end of the month.

As soon as I received it I will post a first impression.

Niels
User avatar
niels
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Location: Belgium
Model: 50 litres

Re: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby cpa4ny » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:29 am

Hasn't made it to Asia either...
_______________________
20L BM user from Singapore
User avatar
cpa4ny
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:54 am
Location: Singapore
Model: 20 litres

Re: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby niels » Mon May 05, 2014 6:43 pm

I've send an e-mail to the customer service of Craft Beer & Brewing inquiring the status of my subscription/first issue since I didn't receive anything yet.

Niels
User avatar
niels
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Location: Belgium
Model: 50 litres

Re: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby Cervantes » Wed May 07, 2014 12:28 am

niels wrote:I've send an e-mail to the customer service of Craft Beer & Brewing inquiring the status of my subscription/first issue since I didn't receive anything yet.

Niels


I know that my BYO subscription take over a month to arrive after the online version comes out.

If that's any help.
Cheers :cheers:
Andy
User avatar
Cervantes
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:54 am
Location: Cervantes, Western Australia
Model: 20 litres

Re: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby cpa4ny » Wed May 07, 2014 12:54 am

niels wrote:I've send an e-mail to the customer service of Craft Beer & Brewing inquiring the status of my subscription/first issue since I didn't receive anything yet.

Niels


Sent them an email yesterday as well, but so far no reply...

These guys must be too busy collecting subscription money :lol:
_______________________
20L BM user from Singapore
User avatar
cpa4ny
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:54 am
Location: Singapore
Model: 20 litres

Re: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby niels » Wed May 07, 2014 6:28 am

I got a fast reply:
Craft Beer & Brewing wrote:You should have received this by now. I will see that another copy is sent today. If you end up with two, please pass one along to someone you think would enjoy it.


I know that international subscriptions always take longer to arrive, but if I'm correct the first issue is out for over a month.

Anyways... I suppose it will arrive eventually :)

Niels
User avatar
niels
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Location: Belgium
Model: 50 litres

Re: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby cpa4ny » Wed May 07, 2014 8:18 am

niels wrote:
I know that international subscriptions always take longer to arrive, but if I'm correct the first issue is out for over a month.

Anyways... I suppose it will arrive eventually :)

Niels


Agree that patience is virtue but it's been a good six weeks... :?
_______________________
20L BM user from Singapore
User avatar
cpa4ny
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:54 am
Location: Singapore
Model: 20 litres

Re: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby Cervantes » Thu May 08, 2014 3:48 am

The May-June copy of BYO has just arrived here in Cervantes.

Not sure when it was published in the states, but the e-version came out a good month ago.
Cheers :cheers:
Andy
User avatar
Cervantes
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:54 am
Location: Cervantes, Western Australia
Model: 20 litres

Re: Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine

Unread postby cpa4ny » Thu May 08, 2014 6:20 am

Cervantes wrote:The May-June copy of BYO has just arrived here in Cervantes.

Not sure when it was published in the states, but the e-version came out a good month ago.


Thanks Cervantes - somehow I didn't even check whether they have a digital edition.

Will download their app ASAP :beer:
_______________________
20L BM user from Singapore
User avatar
cpa4ny
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:54 am
Location: Singapore
Model: 20 litres

Next

Return to The Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest