THIS is why you should buy a Braumeister vs... anything!

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

THIS is why you should buy a Braumeister vs... anything!

Unread postby jdykes » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:03 pm

It's hard to explain to someone just how amazing this machine is... Hopefully, an overview of this weekend will help a few folks to see how different - and how much better it is - than any other method.

In the last 30 hours - on my kitchen counter, I brewed 3 batches of beer (from grain sack to fermenter) - about 65 liters worth (16, 17 gallons).

After an easy Saturday morning, I started to brew about 10 am. Measured out the grain for a German Hefeweizen, crushed it - and started a stepped mash on the Braumeister. Started the brew about 1 pm - finished and cleaned up by 3:30 or so. Valentine's dinner with my wife, watched the Redwings lose (hockey), and relaxed for the evening. Around 9 pm, measured out and crushed some grain for a Pils. Watched a bit more TV, started the (overnight) stepped mash about 11 pm. Went to bed....

Sunday -
Woke up about 7, did a quick sparge - and was brewing by 7:45. In the fermenter by 9:30. Cleaned up by 10 am.

I wanted to test a new yeast with the Pils, so I brewed the exact same Pils again....
Started the mash by 10:30. Went out for Sunday lunch to a nice Asian buffet till about 1. Sparge and brew by 2:00 - and in the fermenter by 4. Cleaned up by 4:30.

There is nothing easier, cleaner, more efficient, more accurate (I got exactly the same pre- and post boil numbers on my 2x Pils) - method of brewing available to the homebrewer. (IMHO of course.....)

3 batches, 8 hours of sleep, Valentine's dinner, a hockey game, and going out for an Asian buffet all in 30 hours??? Come on! What other system can do that?!?!

Best brewing money you can spend....
jdykes

Model: 20 litres

Re: THIS is why you should buy a Braumeister vs... anything!

Unread postby redwing_al » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:20 pm

Hey, where are you located? I live North of Grand Rapids.. I happen to be in the UP at the moment..

It was a good game, but Winnepeg played well. Wings can't seem to get past 'dem shoot-outs!

...also, glad to hear of your success on the BM. I love mine.
Eagle & Schmitt Brewing
Keg 1:
Keg 2:
Keg 3:
Keg 4:
FastFermenting Vessel 1: ~
FastFermenting Vessel 2: ~
Next Up: Don't Wheaty, Be Hoppy (Wheat IPA)

Total BM Brews: 10
redwing_al

Re: THIS is why you should buy a Braumeister vs... anything!

Unread postby Dicko » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:05 am

jdykes wrote:It's hard to explain to someone just how amazing this machine is... Hopefully, an overview of this weekend will help a few folks to see how different - and how much better it is - than any other method.

In the last 30 hours - on my kitchen counter, I brewed 3 batches of beer (from grain sack to fermenter) - about 65 liters worth (16, 17 gallons).

After an easy Saturday morning, I started to brew about 10 am. Measured out the grain for a German Hefeweizen, crushed it - and started a stepped mash on the Braumeister. Started the brew about 1 pm - finished and cleaned up by 3:30 or so. Valentine's dinner with my wife, watched the Redwings lose (hockey), and relaxed for the evening. Around 9 pm, measured out and crushed some grain for a Pils. Watched a bit more TV, started the (overnight) stepped mash about 11 pm. Went to bed....

Sunday -
Woke up about 7, did a quick sparge - and was brewing by 7:45. In the fermenter by 9:30. Cleaned up by 10 am.

I wanted to test a new yeast with the Pils, so I brewed the exact same Pils again....
Started the mash by 10:30. Went out for Sunday lunch to a nice Asian buffet till about 1. Sparge and brew by 2:00 - and in the fermenter by 4. Cleaned up by 4:30.

There is nothing easier, cleaner, more efficient, more accurate (I got exactly the same pre- and post boil numbers on my 2x Pils) - method of brewing available to the homebrewer. (IMHO of course.....)

3 batches, 8 hours of sleep, Valentine's dinner, a hockey game, and going out for an Asian buffet all in 30 hours??? Come on! What other system can do that?!?!

Best brewing money you can spend....

That pretty much sums it up.....great post and sounds like you had a great weekend.

I love mine when I set the mash running and go out and do 3 hours productive work and then come back and finish the brew.
Sorta like getting paid to brew. :lol:

:cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Model: 20 litres

Return to Potentials owners