10 liter or NOT?

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

Re: 10 liter or NOT?

Unread postby kahobro » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:51 pm

niels wrote:I always smell like a walking wort monster after a brew day. When brewing with the BM10 I didn't notice the same smell. The kitchen door was open all the time and the hood wasn't running when mashing. During the boil I put the hood on maximum (it's a 30 year old hood).

No noticeable smell in the house.

- Niels

I guess you had the speidel under the hood? Arcticbrew wants to know how it would be with the speidel somewhere close to the hood on a table.

Maybe with the hood and a ventpipe but otherwise I wouldn't do it.
kahobro

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby ArticBrew » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:49 pm

ArticBrew

Unread postby zedd » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:43 pm

I've got a BM20 and only brew I the kitchen, 6m from the nearest window.
It doesn't fit under the vent so, I brew under the ceiling so to speak.
Yes, boiling tends to fog the windows, so I open up a door for ventilation. Even when it's cold, only a few minutes will do.
Yes, the smell is great. Yes the wife thinks differently, but since we have a "gedoogbeleid" here in the Netherlands, I'm being tolerated ;)

With 10 you can brew many small batches (I have the 10L malt pipe), 20 gives you something to give to your friends.
zedd

Unread postby dinnerstick » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:38 pm

zedd wrote: but since we have a "gedoogbeleid" here in the Netherlands, I'm being tolerated

haha, is there a legal statute i can reference... my fine ladyfriend seems to lack that tolerance at times
dinnerstick

Unread postby zedd » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:09 am

You could use this link, but I'm not sure if you want to relate brewing to drugs ;)
zedd

Previous

Return to Potentials owners