Outstanding Speidel Support

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

Outstanding Speidel Support

Unread postby BelfastBrewer » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi all,

I had a pretty rough entry to the world of Speidel and thought I should share my experience of the support team - and of Irina in particular.

I bought my 50L BM from Brew UK on 30th July. By my 4th brew, it was clear the machine didn't work properly: the malt pipes wouldn't seal against the base. Speidel kindly replaced it directly from Germany to Belfast, but sent a 20L machine by mistake. They then replaced that machine, but it arrived damaged in transit.

I sent photos of the damage and this machine was also replaced but - incredibly - it arrived even more badly damaged than the previous one! The legs and handles had been bent right into the body of the machine. The packaging may be a little lightweight for such a heavy item, but one glance told you the box had been thrown around by the couriers.

So I had by now received four machines, all wrong/damaged. You can imagine my frustration. Throughout this process I dealt with Irina at Speidel by email and telephone. She could not have been more pleasant, helpful or supportive. She eventually DHL'd a fully-working machine to me by pallet. She even sent a small gift as a token apology.

In summary, I had a very unlucky experience with my machine, but Speidel's support has been absolutely beyond reproach.

Thank you Irina for an outstanding level of service!
BelfastBrewer

Re: Outstanding Speidel Support

Unread postby Cervantes » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Yet another story of great customer service from Speidel.

It's great to hear.

Keep up the good work Speidel.

I'm sure that you'll enjoy your BM now that you finally have one that works.
Cheers :cheers:
Andy
Cervantes

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby zoigl » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:51 am

I can vouch for Speidel's support as well. I imported one of the very first BMs into Australia. There were no franchised dealers who could get off the bottoms and order one for me. So due to this lack of interest, I imported direct. The freight then was a killer! :?
A little later, I dropped the impeller from a pump and damaged a vane, a quick phone call and all was delivered.
It helped that my wonderful brewing partner of 47 years is a native German and speaks fluent German. :roll: :roll: :roll:
They are a great company to deal with
cheers
Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!
zoigl

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby MattSR » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:59 am

Hi BelfastBrewer,

What were the symptoms that you were experiencing? I know that sealing against the base was the problem, but how did this affect the brewing?

Cheers,
Matt
MattSR

Unread postby Dicko » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:13 pm

That is great support for so many unfortunate events.

Recently there was an incident filmed at Adelaide (aus) airport where an international freight company was filmed actually throwing freight from one container truck to another.
The film was posted for all to see on Facebook and it was attached to a newspaper article.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... bbf8828681

When I bought my BM it was shipped direct to me from Germany but the Australian supplier stressed to me that in no uncertain terms were I to sign for the unit if there was any evidence of damage to the carton.

Not withstanding the appauling way in which some freight companies handle freight, I really think Speidel should have addressed the problem of less than adequate packing of the 50 litre unit.

:cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Unread postby HopSong » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:26 am

Obviously, from my experiences.. the 20L BM as well :)
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby niels » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:44 am

I will add a question about the packing to my list for Ralf ;)

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby BrauTim » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:31 am

niels wrote:I will add a question about the packing to my list for Ralf ;)

- Niels

The amount of packaging that Spiedel applies does seem to be a recurring theme on this forum, notwithstanding their excellent customer service, Spiedel must be receiving a boatload of complaints about this, the percentage of reports of damage on this forum will only be a fraction of those that they probably receive (I'm guessing).
To brew or not to brew, that would be a stupid question !
BrauTim

Unread postby HopSong » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:59 pm

I'd guess. In a prior post in my thread, I believe I mentioned that they are aware of the packaging problem. I made some suggestions about foam packaging.. like a clam shell package that holds the unit safely. Heck, even pots and pans come packaged that way. The foam that looks like little white BB's when broken up. When properly made, it is inexpensive and will not let the equipment inside move. I'm bringing my first one back to FedEx today with the paperwork. I'll let them worry about packaging back to the supplier to keep it from further damage as I have no way to repair the current packaging.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby BelfastBrewer » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:34 pm

MattSR wrote:Hi BelfastBrewer,

What were the symptoms that you were experiencing? I know that sealing against the base was the problem, but how did this affect the brewing?

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt,

The symptoms were:

- Slow circulation of water through grain. Took forever for water to make it over the top of the malt pipe, even then just a trickle.
- Visible water disturbance outside the malt pipe.
- OG much lower than predicted.

Hope that helps!
BelfastBrewer

Return to Potentials owners