OH BOY..

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

Re: OH BOY..

Unread postby niels » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:33 pm

Just keep the damaged one until you receive your new BM. When the seller wants it back he can send a courier himself! I wouldn't pay for sending it back!

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Lylo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:07 am

In hindsight, maybe Morebeer was the better choice?
I wasn't planning on going for a run today but those cops came from nowhere!
Lylo

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby HopSong » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:14 am

Possibly.. It would have cost me a few hundred extra dollars based on taxes.

Thorsten, at MoreBeer4U.com has been excellent. It is both FedEx and Customs that were the problem. Interesting that both MoreBeer.com and MoreBeer4U.com are the two dealers. I believe MoreBeer4U is the US distributor..
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby Nesto » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:26 am

HbgBill wrote:It's in Frankfurt now.. altho I believe it has left there for the states.. Probably Memphis again.
I just emailed the dealer in Florida about what to do with the damaged one. He said box it and send it back to him. Ok. Who pays for the shipping. Guess what? I have to pay for the shipping. Neither Speidel or FedEx is responsible for damaged goods during transit. I ask.. "Is it not insured?" Answer.. NO. I ask, "Does FedEx not take responsibility for goods damaged while in their care.. Answer.. NO. Once you open the box, you assume responsibility for it.

This I can't believe.... How do I know something is damaged if I don't open the box??? I opened in the presence of the FedEx driver.. She saw the condition of the packaging. It wasn't until I completely unpacked it on my table that I could see the damage.

Doing business over the internet can SUCK at times.. I know, I know... I should have bought at MoreBeer in Concord. They would have assumed responsibility one way or another.. Before it hit the showroom floor. I'm not upset with the Florida dealer.. he's just the seller and has never touched it.

I know it's not the dealer's fault, but I'm a little surprised he wasn't able to get someone to pay for shipping the damaged unit back - most folks raved about him in the HomeBrewTalk thread. You should see what happened to this guy:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/speidel-braumeister-brewmaster-229225/index32.html#post3814619

Anyway, FedEx will still consider a claim for damage even after an item is delivered - if someone told you once you open it it's your responsibility, they are lying to you to get you off the phone. You have 60 days to file a claim... http://www.fedex.com/us/fcl/pckgenvlp/online-claims/index.html

Although you as the buyer CAN file the claim, my suggestion is same as Niels - tell Speidel or Morebeer4U they need to file a FedEx claim to get it shipped back to them - offer them all the pics you took of the damaged package for their claim. There is no way you should spend that money.

Unread postby Nesto » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:29 am

Also, I'm sure it can be no good for Thorsten that one of the longest threads on this board is your struggle to get a Braumeister delivered that you bought from him.

Unread postby HopSong » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:05 pm

Agreed.. but, it is really NOT Thorsten's problem as I see it. He just wrote me and said that if it became necessary, HE would pick up the shipping tab. All the delays, etc were not his fault either. Speidel REALLY needs to get their $hit together regarding packaging. THEY know they have a packaging issue but don't seem to be interested in fixing it. Also, THEY should INSURE shipments to avoid this cr@p.. not put the onus on their customers. Just my "not so humble" opinion. :-)
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby HopSong » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:48 am

Number 2 is here.. It will be delivered to the local FedEx store tomorrow morning. I'll be picking it up before noon. I won't get my excitement up until I have it in my possession.. UNDAMAGED :-) I'm now more of a pessimist than in the past..

I expect it to be in good condition.. but ya never know.

Won't be able to use it right away.. I'm leaving for WA DC Wed morning to help my son move to Dallas, TX.. then fly home. Should be back in sunny(?) Calif Monday night or Tuesday early.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby niels » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:20 am

HbgBill wrote:Number 2 is here.. It will be delivered to the local FedEx store tomorrow morning. I'll be picking it up before noon. I won't get my excitement up until I have it in my possession.. UNDAMAGED :-) I'm now more of a pessimist than in the past..

It was quick compared to the previous one, no? I keep my fingers crossed (in Dutch we says "thumbs up") that all goes well!

Have you decided on the first recipe yet?

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Nesto » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:12 pm

Yay!!

Unread postby HopSong » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Thanks guys.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed too.. ( a US way to say.. Hoping for the best :) )

To be "fair"? I think the reason it took so long before was the packages got separated. They might have been waiting for the 2nd package.. that I already had in my hot little hands. It never arrived because I had it already. I have NO idea why it took so long. I'm just giving the benefit of the doubt. Up in the air is still what will happen with the damaged unit. Guess I'll just wait and see.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby HopSong » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:15 pm

Hey, it arrived. At first glance it looks good. ALL packaging is in place.. vs the first one.. I'll pull it apart later and have a closer look. Yaaaaaaaayy.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby jdykes » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:39 am

Good for you Bill!

I can't wait to see how your first brew goes...
jdykes

Unread postby HopSong » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:56 am

Off to the east coast in the morning.. It'll have to wait until next Monday/Tuesday...
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby ibbones » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:21 pm

HbgBill wrote:Hey, it arrived. At first glance it looks good. ALL packaging is in place.. vs the first one.. I'll pull it apart later and have a closer look. Yaaaaaaaayy.

Woohoo...I am almost excited as you. I have been reading your tale of woes and I am ready to read about your first successful brew.
"BONES"
20 Liter BM
ibbones

Unread postby HopSong » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:32 pm

When I return from this trip, I will brew a botch.. yes, botch. I have a bunch of left over cracked grain from a kit I bought from MoreBeer over a year ago. Grain will likely be 'rancid'.. If they don't smell bad, it might go from Botch to Batch. :) Mainly, I want to get the process down. but don't want to waste a bunch of good hops. Dry yeast will work if it seems good.. and will also add the hops. T'will be a 5g batch. When done, will either turn to beer or a dumper. If dumper.. I'll get a fresh batch going with known good ingredients.

Thanks for the wishes.

Bill
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Previous

Return to Potentials owners