OH BOY..

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

Re: OH BOY..

Unread postby paulg » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:09 pm

bill
my BM arrived and I didnt notice the dent in the bottom caused by a bent leg .this resulted in there being a gap under the malt pipe big enough to slide a credit card in it.
I contacted ralph at speidel via my uk supplier and he sent a replacement tank(main body ) free of charge, even though I had employed my own courier to bring to me in greece, at my agreement I changed over elements etc.
I feel for you ,there was a lot of comment on poor packaging on the american homebrew forum but I thought this had been resolved by a redesign.
I agree expanded foam packaging would seem to be the answer and surely not add much to costs compared with free of charge replacement parts.
Anyway I am sure speidel will see you ok, as all i have read and experienced of there customer service is excellent.
paulg

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby HopSong » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:22 pm

Yep.. thank.. I contacted Thorsten, the US dealer rep. He is contacting Speidel with pics etc. Mine doesn't sound as bad as yours.. but, still, packaging must be improved. If I were buying this used, I could live with it.. but not new. Thorsten said this is not very uncommon.. but he said Speidel will resolve it. I would agree to a new tank setup.. and I could transfer the pump, controller, etc.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby niels » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:18 pm

That really sucks! I believe that Speidel improved their packaging after having too much damaged Braumeisters during transport. My packaging was really adequate and made to fit the Braumeister snuggly into the box.

I'm sure Speidel will offer you a replacement, so don't worry about that.

Regarding the damage: is the bottom of the kettle dented? If so, it might be impossible to have a tight seal between the malt pipe and the bottom. This would mean that you will not be able to brew until your replacement arrives.

I hope this one will cheer you up a bit:

:cheers:
- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby HopSong » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:01 pm

I was contacted by Speidel this morning. Irena said she will be shipping me a new one.. I explained the issues with packaging and they are aware of the problems. I still think the problem was with Customs.. either here in the US or in Germany.

Here is a plc of how it arrived....... YUK
The other is the minor damage...... It's supposed to be brand new.. so, I'd like brand new. The reverse dent is small. The plc only shows one. If you look at the packaging pic, the upper leg must have crashed on something. I'd guess the box was flipped. that caused that upper leg to cave inward, raising the lumps on the inside. All in all.. sad situation.. but, I'm confident Speidel will make it good.

Dents can be seen at 9, 10 and 12:30 o'clock. I may well write back and ask them to simply ship the pot. I can likely remove the parts below and install in the new pot. MUCH less weight to go banging around. We'll see what they say.

Bm 1.jpg
BM 5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby niels » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:23 pm

That's definitely not how the packaging should be. It does indeed look like customs opened it and threw the packaging back in without care. It's a shame this happens as this will reflect on the perception against the manufacturer.

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby HopSong » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Speidel contacting FedEx. They told me to NOT use the BM. Otherwise it might be considered by FedEx as accepted. Oh well.. Wonder how long this is going to take :)
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby paulg » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:26 am

WOW that damage is much worse than mine was,although further out towards the side of the pot.The packaging must have been removed and not replaced and that could only be by customs I guess.Then of course fedex may have dropped it/thrown it around.
I agree a new tank is the best answer as it is lighter to ship(less chance of damage).Changing over the bits is easy only a couple of spanners needed and a hair dryer(the nuts are secured with a locking compound and are a bugger to remove unless heated)
good luck I hope you dont have to wait too long and all arrives safely
paulg

Unread postby MattSR » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:05 pm

After reading this thread I went and double checked mine and sure enough, there is a small dent from the feet being pushed into the base. Luckily it's only very minor and I'm sure the malt pipe will seal just fine, but still, it's a bit of a bummer when you consider the cost of goods!
MattSR

Unread postby HopSong » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:07 pm

I'll see if it get's here before Christmas...
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby HopSong » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm

Just heard back from Speidel. They are going to ship me a new BM on Friday.. probably via slow boat to China. I offered to buy the other one as well.. but it is only 150 Euro off regular price... so, I said no.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby niels » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:15 pm

It's so strange they have no stock in the US. It would improve their customer service tremendously and I don't think it would that much of overhead.

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby ibbones » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:42 am

I bought mine from Morebeer and I had it in about a week. It shipped from their warehouse.
"BONES"
20 Liter BM
ibbones

Unread postby HopSong » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Speidel shipped my new BM today and should (ha, I'll be surprised) by the 11th. If so, I'll be in Washington, DC helping my son move to Dallas, Texas. Hope FedEx doesn't mind keeping it in the warehouse for a few days. They are notorious for keeping pkgs in the place for 5 days max before shipping back to the originator. Argghhh, Always an issue.. I was born during a snowstorm.. but, I don't believe it was under a black cloud.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby BrauTim » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:37 am

At this rate it'll be Xmas before you get a brew on !
To brew or not to brew, that would be a stupid question !
BrauTim

Unread postby HopSong » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:21 pm

It's in Frankfurt now.. altho I believe it has left there for the states.. Probably Memphis again.
I just emailed the dealer in Florida about what to do with the damaged one. He said box it and send it back to him. Ok. Who pays for the shipping. Guess what? I have to pay for the shipping. Neither Speidel or FedEx is responsible for damaged goods during transit. I ask.. "Is it not insured?" Answer.. NO. I ask, "Does FedEx not take responsibility for goods damaged while in their care.. Answer.. NO. Once you open the box, you assume responsibility for it.

This I can't believe.... How do I know something is damaged if I don't open the box??? I opened in the presence of the FedEx driver.. She saw the condition of the packaging. It wasn't until I completely unpacked it on my table that I could see the damage.

Doing business over the internet can SUCK at times.. I know, I know... I should have bought at MoreBeer in Concord. They would have assumed responsibility one way or another.. Before it hit the showroom floor. I'm not upset with the Florida dealer.. he's just the seller and has never touched it.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

PreviousNext

Return to Potentials owners