OH BOY..

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

Re: OH BOY..

Unread postby Lylo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:55 pm

It looks like a common but German quality garden hose QD.
I wasn't planning on going for a run today but those cops came from nowhere!
Lylo

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby malzrohr » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:56 pm

You'll need something like below, they eshould cost around $1 a piece:
foto 1.JPG

foto 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Es ist zwar ein sehr gutes Bier, die Goslarische Gose; doch wenn man meint, sie sey im Bauch, so liegt sie in der Hose.
malzrohr

Unread postby HopSong » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Probably METRIC :)
I'll have to bring the chiller to the hardware store to see if there is one that fits. I know I've seen both brass and plastic.. I don't know how the plastic would hold up under that heat... The tubing is different.. it can deform.. but, curious about deformation in the plastic coupling... ???
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
----------------------------
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby malzrohr » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Mine is a Gardena type garden host quick connect. Heat is no problem with the plastic. No leakage.
Es ist zwar ein sehr gutes Bier, die Goslarische Gose; doch wenn man meint, sie sey im Bauch, so liegt sie in der Hose.
malzrohr

Unread postby niels » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:45 pm

HbgBill wrote:Sure.. here goes. I'm know it's a QD.. but, what type.. ??

I'm almost certain that these are "Gardena" connectors. It's the type of QD connectors used for garden hoses here. I suppose you can find these in the US too, no?

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Lylo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:46 pm

Very common here in Canada and available in brass as well.
I wasn't planning on going for a run today but those cops came from nowhere!
Lylo

Unread postby HopSong » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:09 pm

I've seen them.. I just didn't know it the Euro sizes were different than we foreigners have. :)
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby paddye » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:37 pm

my connectors leaked like a sieve, I ended up pushing a hosepipe on and sealing it with a jubilee clip.
paddye

Unread postby royco » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:21 am

RACO make a high quality range of brass connectors. They should be available globally. They are available in metric and imperial (the actual male/female connector parts are a common size).
royco

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby HopSong » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:30 pm

I emailed the US Distributer re this. He has not seen the SS connectors yet. He said it is a new upgrade and will be researching a connector female connector for me. MoreBeer in Calif didn't know about the connectors at all.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby HopSong » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:20 pm

More of the Speidel Saga. I think I mentioned that I've been waiting for over a week while US Customs had my packages. Box 1 of 2 was delivered a week ago. It contained the dome lid, thermo wrap, short malt pipe and the chiller. Many calls to both the distributor and much more frequently to FedEx.. my kettle arrived today... damaged. I do have to say that Speidel's packaging sucks.. big time. However, I believe that customs opened the box, took out part of the packaging to look at what was inside.. and then threw the packaging back in the box without actually packaging it correctly. So, during shipping the kettle was flopping loose in the box. I have one bent leg which pushed up the floor of the kettle itself. The control panel was pushed back.. but that's an easy fix. I don't know why Speidel does not use form fitted foam packaging that is so common today.. like expanding spray foam.

I called the distributor and he said that there have been a number of kettles that have been damaged due to poor packaging.. Speidel.. take a hint.. you are losing money each time this happens.

Anyhow.. I took pictures of the newly opened box while the Fed Ex person was there. Then proceeded to take the kettle out of the box.. which was when I noticed the damage.. Darn it anyhow... translated..... ARGGGHHHHH. So, I will send him the pics after I finish my tirade here. He said he'd call them later tonight.. their morning.. and talk about options.

The kettle IS usable but, it's like spending a lot of money on a new car.. you don't want the car delivered with dents in it. Fixing the dents is not an option.. as the underlying problem is just covered up with Bondo and lipstick.

He told me I could use it as is and when the new one arrives I'll send it back to him. Who knows, they may offer me a big discount to keep it. NOT!!!
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby Nesto » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:09 am

That totally sucks! You have had the worst luck. Hopefully somebody gives you some freebies or discount. If you try to brew, make sure the malt pipe bottom (with gasket) has a good seal. With a dent in the floor, that could mess it up a bit.

Unread postby HopSong » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:09 am

Yep, thanks Ernie.. The dent os only at the outer edge of the bottom.
Cheers, Bill
Santa Rosa, CA
Hop Song Brewing Co.
HopSong

Unread postby malzrohr » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:20 am

That sucks! Can you post the pictures of the damaged BM?
malzrohr

Unread postby jdykes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Bill - so sorry to hear that....

I hope you can get it replaced. I know it's a tough pill to swallow.

But don't let it get you down on the Braumeister; it's an amazing machine. My advice, get to brewing ASAP. Regardless of the scratch and dents.... you'll love it the first time you use it.

Once you use it, it'll help with the heartache....

Best,

- JBD
jdykes

PreviousNext

Return to Potentials owners