BM 200l/ 500l

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

BM 200l/ 500l

Unread postby gert » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Most of us will have a BM 20 or 50. But are there any 200 or 500 owners on this forum?
My dream (within a couple of years!) is to open a micro brewery with a 200 or 500. So it would be great that owners of those 'biggies' could share their experience.

Thanks
gert

RE: BM 200l/ 500l

Unread postby Dicko » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:39 pm

gert wrote:Most of us will have a BM 20 or 50. But are there any 200 or 500 owners on this forum?
My dream (within a couple of years!) is to open a micro brewery with a 200 or 500. So it would be great that owners of those 'biggies' could share their experience.

Thanks

Great enquiry, I am a bit old to be considering a micro brewery but the concept of a 200 or 500 for a small bar / restaurant in my opinion is great.
The most attractive feature is the very small footprint that these units occupy and that there power requirements would be quite predictable which would make budgeting costs against profits very easy.

Cheers
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby dinnerstick » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:11 am

add me to the list. i've got enough interest to 'legalize' a small place and brew occasionally (keep two fermenters full) to break even, if not cover the cost of equipment. of course the 200L is attractive for the reasons above. but i've never seen one in person nor talked to anyone who has used one, at least not anyone with whom i was able to find a common language that allowed exchange of information (an important aspect of a successful conversation, in my opinion). so i will throw out my questions, even though there's nobody here with the answers! what are the power requirements? (i'm sure speidel can answer this one...) is the 200 faced with the same limitations for gravity as my trusty 20L? i won't be able to do double mashes, and can't risk stuck mashes on the big scale, but i can't be held back to 1.060-range beers either! finally, can someone draw up a reasonable cost comparison of building a 3 vessel semi-automated electric system vs the speidel 200, continental european prices, and post it here? thanks!
dinnerstick

Unread postby Lylo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:13 pm

I found an Aussie brewer living the 200l dream!
http://www.riverportbrewingcompany.com.au/Your-Own-Craft-Brewery.html
I wasn't planning on going for a run today but those cops came from nowhere!
Lylo

Unread postby gert » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:20 pm

There's also a very good one in Sweden: http://www.brekeriet.se
They just bought a second 200l to handle the success of it.

(in Belgium there's one too, but he doesn't want to say anything about it, 'brewers secret' he told me...)
gert

Re: BM 200l/ 500l

Unread postby Fritzkellerbrau » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:40 pm

I saw the Speidel for the first time at a South African micro brewery. It looks like a 200l one. He is running at 3000l per month one of the guys said - near full capacity.

See http://www.smackrepublic.com
Fritzkellerbrau

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby gorbachev » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Does some one use BM 200l/ 500l in the United States?
gorbachev

Unread postby Nesto » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:39 pm

Wasatch Brewery has a 200l in its Salt Lake City brewpub along with a nice Speidel fermenter. When I was there in October, it wasn't in operation yet. I offered my services, but no one took me seriously :(

Re: RE: BM 200l/ 500l

Unread postby Batz » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:31 pm

dinnerstick wrote:add me to the list. i've got enough interest to 'legalize' a small place and brew occasionally (keep two fermenters full) to break even, if not cover the cost of equipment. of course the 200L is attractive for the reasons above. but i've never seen one in person nor talked to anyone who has used one, at least not anyone with whom i was able to find a common language that allowed exchange of information (an important aspect of a successful conversation, in my opinion). so i will throw out my questions, even though there's nobody here with the answers! what are the power requirements? (i'm sure speidel can answer this one...) is the 200 faced with the same limitations for gravity as my trusty 20L? i won't be able to do double mashes, and can't risk stuck mashes on the big scale, but i can't be held back to 1.060-range beers either! finally, can someone draw up a reasonable cost comparison of building a 3 vessel semi-automated electric system vs the speidel 200, continental european prices, and post it here? thanks!

Here is an interesting article by 'Grain and Grape' they make wort kits for sale in their store, they do this by double mashing using a 500lt BM. Link to their facebook page as well, I takes a bit of searching but it's interesting all the same.

http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/braumei ... le-mashing
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
Batz

Re: RE: BM 200l/ 500l

Unread postby niels » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Batz wrote:Here is an interesting article by 'Grain and Grape' they make wort kits for sale in their store, they do this by double mashing using a 500lt BM. Link to their facebook page as well, I takes a bit of searching but it's interesting all the same.

http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/braumei ... le-mashing

That's a nice photo show. I'll send them an e-mail to ask if I can shamelessly copy-paste it into the forum (with credits of course).

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Return to Potentials owners