Help with new BM 20l

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

Help with new BM 20l

Unread postby Basil-BarryC » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi guys,
Semi-retired old duffer here in need of help please.
I’m on the point of ordering a new 20l BM with the short malt pipe and Speidal wort chiller.
I’ve seen lots of YouTube videos ( particularly Rob the Cellerman and the excellent Mr Hodster of the Cheeky Beer Co - really good warts’n all info ) I’ve also read a lot of info on the forum and I was about to place an order until I read the problems with the BM display condensation, so the question is have Speidal resolved this on the current units or are they still prone to misting ?
I’m loathe to spend on the BM if it has this defect and may consider the GF as a possible alternative but I do like the advantages the BM Appears to have, any comments would be appreciated- Many thanks :beer:
Basil-BarryC

Location: North Kent England - “The Light at the end of the tunnel”

Re: Help with new BM 20l

Unread postby MonsieurBadgerCheese » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:49 pm

Hi Basil,

Welcome to the Forum.

There are many on here far better qualified to advise you than I, but I happened to be passing.......

There is a long thread on the Forum dedicated to this subject. You can find it by clicking here.

Personally, I haven't experienced the dreaded condensation - yet - but sadly it appears to be an ongoing problem.

MBC :)
MonsieurBadgerCheese

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby f00b4r » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:28 pm

I have had 2 controller units, neither of which had condensation issues but if buying new it would be the first thing I tested for and it would be getting sent back as unfit for purpose to the retailer if there was an issue; make sure you pay with a credit card as the card issuer then becomes jointly liable so if the retailer wants to argue about it you can just get it refunded by the card issuer.
One of the users on here recently got a new controller due to failure and they appear to have changed the design, hopefully we will see some pictures of this soon.
f00b4r

Unread postby Schmurf » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:49 am

I've had my BM10 for some months now and about 10 brews done, have had no problems with condensation what so ever (yet...).
Schmurf

Unread postby grooves » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:24 am

In my experience, the misting issue will depend on where you intend to brew. When I brewed in the kitchen I had no problems. After moving house, and having a dedicated brewshed ,I did (do still) get misting, but not enough to bother me - until - one day I when switched on the BM and the display went wild like random buttons were being pressed. I had to open up the controller - and there was about a teaspoon of water collected inside. Once I had dried it out for a couple of days it went back to normal, but of course the opportunity for a brewday was lost...
grooves

Unread postby Cristian » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:30 pm

never had problems with condensation but I brew and keep my BM at above 20C all the time.
on the other hand.. the price of the BM compared with GF is to not at all realistic.
:beer:

welcome to BM community!
Cristian

Unread postby Basil-BarryC » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:47 pm

Many thanks guys. Order will be placed shortly :D
Basil-BarryC

Location: North Kent England - “The Light at the end of the tunnel”

Return to Potentials owners