Pre Purchase Query

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

Pre Purchase Query

Unread postby amit.maggoo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:21 am

Hi everyone

I have been contemplating purchasing a 20L Braumeister since last 2 months. I come from India and got into homebrewing in Oct 2015 and have been passionately pursuing it since. Homebrewing is pretty nascent in India and while we get all the basic ingredients, there is no equipment available for homebrew. I currently use a water cooler converted mash and a simple kettle (no ball valve etc.) and a 50 feet copper wort chiller.

My query pertains to whether I should be considering a standalone 20L Braumeister or one with a starter kit. The starter kit comes with the chiller and the fermentor but the cost differential (more so due to international shipping) is a whooping Euro 550. My current chiller is approx. 11.5 inches in dia – despite trying hard on the net, I have not been able to see the inside picture of the Braumeister. Will my chiller fit into the braumeister or are there any dia restrictions and it will hit the element etc.? In that case, I can get a new chiller made. Also is it worth to buy the starter kit at Euro 550?

Many thanks in advance.
amit.maggoo

Re: Pre Purchase Query

Unread postby mashy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:29 am

Yes I think it will fit (measured it). The malt pipe is that size.

Copper can be moved or altered. Spirals can be tightened. I have. I use copper.

A very good fermentor is a plastic tub.
You do not need stainless it does not make a difference to the beer. The beer eyes not know how much you spent on the fermenter. :D

You might want a 25l jerry can too. For racking into and settling. You MUST be able to get these locally.

I would not spend the €550.
mashy

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby mbarn » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:05 pm

I agree with Mashy, and wouldn't bother with the starter kit. A copper chiller is fine. You ideally want 2 fermenters, especially if you plan to dry hop. Any kind of food grade container with a lid could work. You can easily cut a hole in the lid, plug gap with a cork and airlock.
mbarn

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby LMoerkens » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:21 pm

I agree with what is said before, go for the BM and source everything else locally. Good luck nd keep us posted. :beer:
LMoerkens

Model: 20 litres

Return to Potentials owners