New Model 20 Litre Screen off centre

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

Unread postby nibber » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:51 pm

I have taken delivery of a new 50 Litre unit today (damaged) in another post, but I have just realised on my 2 month old 20 Litre model that the display screen is off centre - i had not really noticed this before until I looked at the newly delivered 50 Litre unit display which is correctly located in the centre, has anyone else had this issue? A minor complaint I know, but it is now niggling me every time i look at it-for the amount the Braumeister cost I would have thought that German quality control would have noticed this before sending the unit out from the factory. Pondering whether to take this issue further with Speidel or am i being a bit ocd?:evil: :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nibber on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 8 times in total.
nibber

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Re: New Model 20 Litre Screen off centre

Unread postby mashy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:56 pm

I am beginning to think this new controller is proving to be the worse "innovation" ever for speidel.
mashy

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby nibber » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:15 pm

Right-I have just fired off an email to Speidel directly about this as for £1200 i expect better quality control especially after just buying a 50 Litre as well which had the display correctly centrally located even though the rear of the machine was damaged in transit (which i accept is out of their control),i will await their response.:D
nibber

Unread postby Doingatun » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:51 am

nibber wrote:I have taken delivery of a new 50 Litre unit today (damaged) in another post, but I have just realised on my 2 month old 20 Litre model that the display screen is off centre - i had not really noticed this before until I looked at the newly delivered 50 Litre unit display which is correctly located in the centre, has anyone else had this issue? A minor complaint I know, but it is now niggling me every time i look at it-for the amount the Braumeister cost I would have thought that German quality control would have noticed this before sending the unit out from the factory. Pondering whether to take this issue further with Speidel or am i being a bit ocd?:evil: :twisted:

No not ocd for the cost, I was expecting German quality, perfection without issue. Unfortunately I've had my 2015 BM replaced, multiple faults, both screens units were off centre by at least 10mm, know of others the same, legs or controller mounting studs welded out of position, wouldn't take much to adjust the welding jig, noticed immediately on unpacking, found it irritating at first but with other problems I gave up thinking about it. With all the issues I've had I wished I'd ignored the hype and not bothered buying a BM. German quality control ??? IMO expensive materials assembled poorly, each and every brew day I'm expecting the display to mist or another issue to appear :evil:
Doingatun

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby nibber » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:58 pm

Have received an email from Speidel,they have requested photos which i have sent them,i await their response,will keep updated on outcome :beerbang:
nibber

Unread postby btd1975 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:37 pm

Doingatun wrote:
nibber wrote:I have taken delivery of a new 50 Litre unit today (damaged) in another post, but I have just realised on my 2 month old 20 Litre model that the display screen is off centre - i had not really noticed this before until I looked at the newly delivered 50 Litre unit display which is correctly located in the centre, has anyone else had this issue? A minor complaint I know, but it is now niggling me every time i look at it-for the amount the Braumeister cost I would have thought that German quality control would have noticed this before sending the unit out from the factory. Pondering whether to take this issue further with Speidel or am i being a bit ocd?:evil: :twisted:

No not ocd for the cost, I was expecting German quality, perfection without issue. Unfortunately I've had my 2015 BM replaced, multiple faults, both screens units were off centre by at least 10mm, know of others the same, legs or controller mounting studs welded out of position, wouldn't take much to adjust the welding jig, noticed immediately on unpacking, found it irritating at first but with other problems I gave up thinking about it. With all the issues I've had I wished I'd ignored the hype and not bothered buying a BM. German quality control ??? IMO expensive materials assembled poorly, each and every brew day I'm expecting the display to mist or another issue to appear :evil:

I totally agree with you on the above as my experience has been just as disappointing!

The sooner they get some competition the better, as it will only be falling sales that will make them improve.
Ben
btd1975

Unread postby nibber » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Had a response today from the supplier of the Braumeister after they also requested photos yesterday which were sent last night along with an explanation of why I was somewhat annoyed with this issue, received a reply this morning stating "hard to tell what you are referring to in the photos" ?????? :evil: :evil:
Well I can see that the controller screen is plainly off-centre in the photo here, or am I the only one????
On a more positive note I have today received an RMA form from Speidel via email, they are going to replace the complete controller assembly :D . I have to send the complete controller assembly back to them in Germany! :( Has anyone else had to send anything back to Germany? They are saying DPD will collect but there is no barcode label in the RMA,or one to print off- so a bit confused :? maybe I just contact DPD, have asked for clarification on this from Speidel. :beerbang:
nibber

Unread postby btd1975 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:34 pm

nibber wrote:Had a response today from the supplier of the Braumeister after they also requested photos yesterday which were sent last night along with an explanation of why I was somewhat annoyed with this issue, received a reply this morning stating "hard to tell what you are referring to in the photos" ?????? :evil: :evil:
Well I can see that the controller screen is plainly off-centre in the photo here, or am I the only one????
On a more positive note I have today received an RMA form from Speidel via email, they are going to replace the complete controller assembly :D . I have to send the complete controller assembly back to them in Germany! :( Has anyone else had to send anything back to Germany? They are saying DPD will collect but there is no barcode label in the RMA,or one to print off- so a bit confused :? maybe I just contact DPD, have asked for clarification on this from Speidel. :beerbang:

They 'should' let you know a mid week date that DPD will collect the parcel. If you have a mobile number added to the pick up request by Speidel you'll get a pick up time, updated on the day to an hour slot.

However, I've only had a 'perfect' pickup from Speidel once. And once I was never even given the pick up date!

When the DPD person arrives they have the label and they will stick it on and beep it.

To be fair, the one good thing about the defect pick up is that they use DPD rather than some other cheaper carriers.
Ben
btd1975

Unread postby nibber » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:54 am

DPD are collecting the controller tomorrow for return to Germany-unsure how quickly the turnaround will be so the 20Litre is out of action until the replacement arrives :( :cry:
nibber

Unread postby chris172 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:32 am

If they are repairing then you'll be looking at 3weeks plus.

If they are replacing, the new one is probably being shipped now so they most likely be crossing each other in the post. Thats what happened to me when they replaced mine.
chris172

Unread postby nibber » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:53 pm

3 weeks on,and i have still have not received it back yet,why could they not just send me a new controller,not impressed! Speidel get your act together.:evil: :twisted: :(
nibber

Unread postby MonsieurBadgerCheese » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Just catching-up on older threads. Interested to know if this issue was resolved, nibber?

MBC :)
MonsieurBadgerCheese

Unread postby nibber » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:30 pm

Yes ,Speidel replaced the whole controller assembly so all is good. :drink:
nibber

Return to Potentials owners