50 Litre Braumeister

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

50 Litre Braumeister

Unread postby nibber » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:13 pm

Right- I have now decided to a buy a new 50 litre version,just waiting for it to come back into stock,i have already bought the short malt pipe,thermocollar and wort chiller,regarding the wiring-is it possible to run it off a 13 amp plug top? I know it would be right on the limit power wise or do i really need a dedicated 16 amp Commando plug/socket combo? Not to fussed regarding the wiring as i can get it wired in to my consumer unit if required and signed off by work through our electrical department. :drink:
nibber

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Re: 50 Litre Braumeister

Unread postby MattSR » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:01 pm

nibber wrote:regarding the wiring-is it possible to run it off a 13 amp plug top?

Nope - being a 3200 watt unit, it will draw over 13 amps continuously whenever the elements are heating...

nibber wrote:I know it would be right on the limit power wise or do i really need a dedicated 16 amp Commando plug/socket combo? Not to fussed regarding the wiring as i can get it wired in to my consumer unit if required and signed off by work through our electrical department. :drink:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm not sure about the rules and regulations elsewhere, but here in Australia, that would be massively illegal, and any insurance companies would use that to get out of paying up in the event of fire/damage/etc..

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Cheers,
Matt
MattSR

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby mashy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:56 am

What country are you in?

In the UK its right on the money. Good quality power cables. Short as possible. No extentions. NOTHING ELSE Running on that ring main (ring main not a spur!!) and you should be ok. You have 2x2.5mm.

A dedicated 16a. Depends where you are putting it/space on the board /supply etc Any doubt is no doubt. Get a sparky to check it for you. Or get a 20 :D
mashy

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby nibber » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:10 pm

Thanks for the replies, i am in the UK what I meant was- I can have it wired in properly by one of our company electricians and certificated correctly as we are an NICEIC registered company, i have a couple of spare ways on my consumer unit. Already have a 20 Litre :D but want to make bigger batches in one hit and not be restricted by the 20 litre small maximum grain load even with inverted filter disc :drink:
nibber

Unread postby mashy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:55 pm

Same applies then - just cross out the last bit "Or get a 20" :D :D :D

Ask the said electrician. Even get them to come and look it over. He will probably say not - mine did.

And lets be far its a lot more portable with a 13a plug!
mashy

Unread postby nibber » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:14 pm

16 amp mcb with commando socket outlet wired into consumer unit by sparkies and certificated correctly, have commando extension lead on standby- awaiting delivery of 50 Litre beast on Friday 8th July! :D
nibber

Unread postby mashy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:44 am

Wup wup. Good wiring ..... also means to can brew at a caravan site :lol:

All good to go when is the big day ?
mashy

Unread postby nibber » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:43 am

Vigo are delivering it 1 week today so Friday 8th July as I have booked a days holiday to be at home for delivery, and hopefully it will turn up in the morning- then I can give it an initial clean and get brewing, all ingredients are awaiting in the kitchen cupboards. :mrgreen: :beerbang:
nibber

Unread postby nibber » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:37 pm

Well the big day arrived and what a shambles :twisted:
I waited in all day for the delivery and received an email to say courier had incorrect contact telephone number,dont know why that affects delivery as they have my postcode and would surely only need contact number if they cannot find my house.The courier turned up eventually at 17.45,I have just unpacked the Braumeister only to find the back of the machine has severe damage! - a 10" outward facing crease halfway up at the rear! :x . I Have not even bothered to cut the cable ties off the lid to look inside, I have contacted the supplier via email for a replacement and await their reply-severely depressed now and i am going to drown my sorrows with many pints of recently brewed American IPA. :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nibber

Unread postby ibbones » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:21 pm

Ouch...sorry to hear that. Good luck on the replacement. :beer:
"BONES"
20 Liter BM
ibbones

Unread postby Dicko » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:21 am

nibber wrote:Well the big day arrived and what a shambles :twisted:
I waited in all day for the delivery and received an email to say courier had incorrect contact telephone number,dont know why that affects delivery as they have my postcode and would surely only need contact number if they cannot find my house.The courier turned up eventually at 17.45,I have just unpacked the Braumeister only to find the back of the machine has severe damage! - a 10" outward facing crease halfway up at the rear! :x . I Have not even bothered to cut the cable ties off the lid to look inside, I have contacted the supplier via email for a replacement and await their reply-severely depressed now and i am going to drown my sorrows with many pints of recently brewed American IPA. :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

This has been happening since the first braumeisters were delivered.

Very disappointing that over this extended time Speidel can either not isolate the carrier that is causing this damage or more to the point just have them packed so that the machine is better protected.
Their margins can not be that tight that this could not happen and when it is boiled down (pardon the pun) the cost of the many hundreds of machines that they have had to replace would by far outweigh the cost of correct packaging.
All this and you still don't know if the controller is not going to fog up or function correctly.

i love my braumeister but on current reports I would never buy another one due to the ongoing problems.

I feel for you nibber but dont let your retailer just handball the problem to Speidel. As far as I can determine you guys in the UK have similar consumer laws to us here in Aus. The more pressure placed on to the retailer the more clout each complaint has back to the manufacturer and many retailers may just stop stocking and selling this equipment which, in turn will effect Speidel.
Wishing you good luck

:cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Unread postby mashy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:20 pm

Well said. Speidel need to get a grip of these silly little issues and re read the customer service manual!
mashy

Unread postby nibber » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:13 pm

After last weeks disappointment a new shiny undamaged one arrived today,what a beauty, :cheers: :mrgreen: :D inside the box,the packaging was far superior to the other damaged one that was sent,so they may have redesigned it as the damaged one was actually manufactured in 2015 so must have been old stock,this is a 2016 manufactured one,including a glossy 2016 homebrewing equipment brochure :beerbang: :beer:
image.jpeg
Up early tomorrow to give it a quick clean,and then brewing a 50 Litre batch of Bohemian lager (Speidel recipe my first lager now i have my conditioning fridge up and running) :drink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nibber

Return to Potentials owners