quest for a BM :)

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

quest for a BM :)

Unread postby andrel » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:21 pm

Hey friends,

It's a pleasure to talk to all you you. I've been lurking in this forum for a while and should have presented myself earlier, but better late than never.

My name is Andre, and I live in Recife, Brazil. I have a BIAB setup based on a Brew-boss system along with a friend, and we brew like once each three months - the equipment in my friends house and he has - let's say that - a tight schedule. On the other hand my wife has forbidden me to bring the stuff home because it does take a lot of space - we make 30l batches.

The point is I have decided to build/purchase my own private brewing setup around a 10l BM. Smaller batches, smaller freezers (I need a freezer since Recife is always around 26 - 30 celsius degrees), less cables and stuff. I know I'll face some resistance from my wife but I'll go for it. Independence now!

What about Amsterdam? I am going for a small 1-week vacation there (I actually travel today 11PM) and think it will be really worth the hassle, since BMs are incredibly expensive here. I have found http://brouwmarkt.nl as an option. They sell the BM10 there for 1250 euros. A bit higher than other stores? Do you guys have any suggestions? Tips?

Best regards

André
andrel

Re: quest for a BM :)

Unread postby andrel » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:27 pm

Another question, if you allow me: have any of you managed to receive back the VAT as tourists in europe?
andrel

Unread postby db_fonseca » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:36 pm

Hi André,
I have checked the possibility to buy a BM in the UK (seller, BrewUK). There, yes, I could claim VAT refund, but, I could not order it online. Some forms must be signed and buyer ID must be checked by the seller in order claim a refund.
Well, this is in the UK. No idea how it works in the Netherlands.
db_fonseca

Unread postby dinnerstick » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:24 am

i have seen the counter at schiphol airport (amsterdam) where you go to claim back your VAT, so it's definitely there. but i have never used it so can't comment on how easy it is.
a quick google found this site,
http://www.travelsignposts.com/Netherla ... t-schiphol
dinnerstick

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby LMoerkens » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:37 pm

Yes it is possible, you go with the receipt and the goods to the desk and claim the VAT back before you leave. I have done it once with a digital camera. :beer:
LMoerkens

Unread postby andrel » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:08 pm

Thanks for the info guys.

Niels is being helpful and I hope I can purchase the BM with him instead of Brouwmarkt even in such short notice. Will keep you posted.

As for the refund, yes now I know it it is possible and it makes it a real nice opportunity for me.

Best regards to all

Andre

P.s. Touring bars looking for Dutch craft beer. T'Ij is everywhere but would love to get to know something more... BRETT. Any tips?
andrel

Unread postby dinnerstick » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:35 am

if you have already checked out cafe arendsnest and in de wildeman, take a trip across the pond to brouwerij oedipus, they have a very cool brewpub. you take one of the (free) ferries from behind central station, 5 minutes, and then it's 10 or so minutes walk to their place. they always have something funky going.
http://oedipus.com/
other than that i guess you are leaving before the brettanomyces festival begins this weekend? i personally have 2 brett beers on tap @arendsnest for the festival, but there will be LOADS of funky beers at various locations.
http://www.wildegist.nl/
dinnerstick

Return to Potentials owners