Should I, shouldn't I..?

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

Re: Should I, shouldn't I..?

Unread postby BreadMurderer » Wed May 04, 2016 10:39 am

TheRedDarren wrote:but what was the condensation issues you suffered from?

Check here > viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1657

Bit of a read but basically some of the new 2015 control units steam up when in operation.
Drinking: Whatever craft beer I can find!
Conditioning: Nowt
Fermenting: Nowt
Planning: To buy a pimpin' setup on my return
BreadMurderer

Unread postby evildrakey » Fri May 06, 2016 3:19 am

I've got a new unit - I get some condensation on the screen on the bottom left corner during boil... Done about 12 mashes so far and it seems to be cosmetic but I have no idea if it'll have an effect long term...
evildrakey

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Unread postby Fatbloke-Dim » Thu May 19, 2016 5:01 pm

You may get a dud . I did ,and I've had it since Jan , first brew lined up mid April , and .............duff controller right outta the box . It seems that despite the contract being with the supplying dealer in the U.K. , duff bits have to be picked up and returned directly to Speidel in Germany rather than a replacement machine being offered . If you bought a tv and it was duff from the start ,it'd go back and get changed for another I'm sure . Why this be different ? You then have a 3-way scenario , rising to 4- way when DPD parcels get involved . I say stick with the mash tun , you know it works , it don't cost 1400 quid ,either. There have been lots of these duff from the get-go , so I reckon a flawed product . I object to doing the development process on them , they ought to be well enough sorted when they hit the market. Think twice ,if you end up where I am ,you'll hate the bastard thing . Still don't get a Grainfather ,tho' !!!!! :D
"Wilt uw oud graven zijn,
drink beer in plaats van medicijn!"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fatbloke_dim/sets . my beery pix!!!!
Fatbloke-Dim

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Aleman » Thu May 19, 2016 10:03 pm

Your contract is with the retailer. If it was dud out of the box the retailer should supply you with a replacement and collect the faulty one. . . Your rights under the UK sale of goods act!
Aleman

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby mashy » Fri May 20, 2016 6:13 am

Axeman. You beat me to it.

Absolutely. If it is a consumer purchase the retailer is bound by UK law.

If they cannot replace you are entitled to a full refund. Including postage and packing.

This is NOT the case if it is a business purchase.
mashy

Unread postby duncans » Fri May 20, 2016 8:52 pm

Hey RedDarren,

I have only done a few Brews on my bm10 so far but very happy with it. Basically, if you have the cash handy then it's a nice purchase. Easy brew days, controllability, repeatability, shiny, shiny.

My efficiencies are down a few percent from my previous set up but that's because I sacrifice sparging to save time . Plenty of people have squeezed the extra efficiency out of it.

Big beers. You can boil down or ideally mash again with the same wort. A 1040 wort will double up to 1080 with the same grain bill each time.

All the best either way.
duncans

Model: 10 litres (2015)

Unread postby Fatbloke-Dim » Tue May 31, 2016 6:52 pm

Finally.........

Got me controller back , and a week later brew#1 is inthe fv .Apart from the condensation thing appearing in short order , I have revised my opinion of the contraption . I love it !! I reckon if yer gets a dud like wot I done , that'll sour what ought to be a fruitful and beautiful relationship . All being well , brew 2 will follow this weekend .Then it's just waiting , watching , wishing while the beer gets it's mojo workin'. Time machine , anyone?
"Wilt uw oud graven zijn,
drink beer in plaats van medicijn!"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fatbloke_dim/sets . my beery pix!!!!
Fatbloke-Dim

Unread postby ned7 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:04 am

Hey. New to tapatalk here. I just wanted to say that I purchased 50 L Braumeister over a year ago. I also purchased the short multi so I can do smaller batches. This is been one of the best investments I have ever made in my brewing hobby. You can always brew cheaper. But the consistency of controlling mash temperatures was my whole reason for the purchase. It is amazing. I do not know if you have made a decision yet, but I am very impressed. I have not used the Grainfather. But my research tended to show me that the Braumeister was built a lot better. I am a happy customer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ned7

Should I, shouldn't I..?

Unread postby f00b4r » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:29 am

He's already bought one, I have seen the pictures of it and all the shiny accessories he added laid out on another forum. I have all the accessories but waiting on the unit itself to be drop shipped from Speidel
f00b4r

Unread postby evildrakey » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:20 am

I have a 50L unit with the condensation. It's a little patch about 1cm by 1cm in the left hand bottom corner that forms during boil. It's pretty much cosmetic for me but I contacted my supplier (Craftbrewer in Australia) yesterday and they're arranging something for me. My concern is that although cosmetic at the moment, it might be an issue in the future...
evildrakey

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Previous

Return to Potentials owners