New Shiny

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

New Shiny

Unread postby RichM » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi all

So for Christmas this year Santa brought me a nice new shiny 20l Braumeister :D

Luckily i popped into my local HBS and picked up the ingredients for a Munich Helles, now looking forward to unboxing my new toy and getting started.

I'm new to the BM, but not new to all grain, been looking and pondering the purchase for a while now, hopefully i've made the right choice

cheers all
:drink:
RichM

Re: New Shiny

Unread postby LMoerkens » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:28 am

Welcome to the forum, you will be amazed how much easier and more accurate it is to brew with the BM. Much more control :D

You will find a lot of knowledge and experience in this forum, and the sharing helps us all.

Let us know how your first brew on the BM works out. :beer:
LMoerkens

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby RichM » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:54 am

Thanks for the warm Welcome LMoerkens, i'm picking up my strike water today and will fire up the BM tomorrow for its inaugural brew :D
RichM

Unread postby Dicko » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi RichM,

Welcome to the forum.

Munich Helles is my favourite style at the moment, a relatively difficult beer to get just right but well worth the effort if you do.
My greatest improvement was using very soft water and using Weyermann grains.

Good luck with the maiden brew and let us know how it goes....

:cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Unread postby Arbor brewery » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:56 pm

You are going to LOVE it.
Arbor brewery

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby eli.donald » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:55 am

You really are going to love it. BM take all the stress and worry away and just leave the fun of brewing
First time I've been interviewed for a brewing podcast - was terrifying.
No laughing at me!

http://www.eliapplebydonald.co.uk/blog/ ... g-podcast/
eli.donald

Unread postby RichM » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:37 pm

Thanks everyone, just finished my first BM brew, shaky start as needed to work out how to change the language setting to English, thanks to the forum here it got sorted painlessly, programming the mash settings was easy and i ended up plumbing for a 3 step mash, was intending to do a no sparge brew, but decided to top up my volume with some sparge water, ended up post cool / boil with a OG of 1.052 and 21 litres in the fermenter. I'm following the Bruosophyl lagering technique of 5 days at 12c or until 50% actuation, then step the temperature up by 3c every 12 hours until 18-20c and leave until full FG reached, then step the temperature down to -1 for 3 days before kegging. will see how that goes, my first lager other than kit brews so interested to see how it goes, the wort tasted sweet so all indications are it should be a nice lager.

and yes i love this machine :D will be buying more ingredients and brewing something else ASAP
RichM

Return to Potentials owners