BM20

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

BM20

Unread postby Jocke » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:30 am

Hello,

I dont own a BM yet but i´m looking for one to buy and i might have found one. The owner bought it 2012 and has brewed with it maybe 25 times. I wonder if anyone can tell if the BM is a good version or if it´s better to continue looking for a newer model?

Does anyone know the upgrades made on the BM 2011, 2012, 2013...?

Here it is:
http://www.blocket.se/alvsborg/Braumeis ... 0.htm?aw=1

/Jocke
Jocke

Re: BM20

Unread postby ibbones » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:39 pm

Good morning and welcome.
I do not have the "new" version but I would not sell mine. It's only a little over a year old and I think it will last me more than ten years.
If the used one is a better deal then spending more money, I say go for it. If you need the pretty screen and lights, pass it up.
I can only answer for ME but I looked for a used BM for a long time and never found one. So I bought a new one on a "deal of the day" type thing
Good luck! :cheers:
"BONES"
20 Liter BM
ibbones

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby dinnerstick » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:22 pm

i also have the original model. the only downside of the older model is that it only stores your last program, you can't save multiple programs. so you have to spend a minute setting it up before each mash. no big deal. that looks to be in good shape and has some sort of pimped ball valve mod.
they last long and are easy to maintain, looks like this has been cared for. you could just make sure the seal between the malt pipe and the base is good, that the malt pipe hasn't been bent or dropped, check that the pump is good, maybe open it and have a look at the impeller, all likely to be perfectly fine with such little use. is that a good price? i have no idea...
dinnerstick

Unread postby LMoerkens » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:03 pm

I also bought a used BM20 (2011/2012?) at the beginning of this year, never regretted it and it saved me $500 over a new one. They are very well build and if you check the most critical aspects like Dinnerstick indicated, you should be good to go. If it is local, you can check it out and see whether to pumps work and the screen is OK.

Good luck, :cheers:
LMoerkens

Return to Potentials owners