Brewpub or what!

Are you considering the purchase of a Braumeister? Please enter and we'll convince you to bite the bullet!

Brewpub or what!

Unread postby Sportyone » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:56 pm

Hi all,

Newbie, to forum and brewing.
After a lot of reading on producing your own beer with various systems, I'm of the opinion that the Braumeisters' are the way to go for me, simply for, ease of use, footprint & consistency.
I have a small pub serving up appx 1000 litres of draught beer per week, so was thinking of learning the art of brewing with a 50l Braumeister then moving up to the 200l model once I have the experience and confidence in producing some quality lagers and ales.
I currently serve Carlsberg & Harp lagers along with Smithwicks ale and Guinness. What steers me in this direction, of what in essence will be my own microbrewery is the fact that the large breweries increase their prices at the drop of a hat expecting the small pub such as myself, to either, absorb the increases or follow suit accordingly, resulting in a increase per pint to the customer. So I think it's time to bite the bullet and become self sufficient.

Does anyone see a flaw in my reasoning or the direction I intend to take, regarding the Braumeisters'.
I got some of my inspiration for a microbrewery from Danibier in Bern, Switzerland. He seems to be pretty well clued up on the Braumeister with his own microbrewery, he get's 320l out of 200l model.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/danidrinks-Mikrobrauerei-Daniel-Michel/176739955731354
http://danielmichel77.wix.com/index#!

Any information or advice most greatly appreciated.

thanks
Stephen
Sportyone

Model: 50 litres

RE: Brewpub or what!

Unread postby Beerkench » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:14 pm

Go for it! I say.
20L BM user in Sweden.
Beerkench

Unread postby niels » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to the forum!

I like your idea. It would certainly work if you think it over thoroughly. Besides the cost of the installation you should really consider the rules that apply in your country. I suppose that that these food regulations might force you to invest in equipment/construction works you wouldn't buy/do if you would only brew for personal use.

The Braumeister is certainly ideal to get started with brewing. You don't have to spend time building a working brewing installation, the footprint is small and it is easy to use. You can focus on the other aspects of brewing: creating a recipe, getting to know ingredients, control the fermentation, culture yeast, ...

If you start out with a 20l or 50l Braumeister and you come to the conclusion that brewing isn't your thing after all, you can get rid of it without losing much money. Or... if you decide not to go commercial you still have a nice set-up to make some homebrew or one-offs for special occasions in your pub!

Where are you located? Do you know anyone who brews? It would be a good idea to at least attend a brew day (with Braumeister or other set-up) to have a better understanding of what is is all about.

Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby FlyingMen » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Hey that sounds like an idea. but how many seats do you have in your pub? What is your opening hours? when will you brew? and how often. To some close to the figures to meed you draft demands you would have to brew double batches... I think... It can e calculated by head..
FlyingMen

Return to Potentials owners