Beersmith app setup

Do you need help setting up your favourite brewing software? Or help out other with the lessons you learned while calculating recipes for your Braumeister.

Beersmith app setup

Unread postby craigbayne » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi,

I've been using the beersmith app but can't seem to get it set up properly. I've uploaded a few screenshots and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

On my mash profile, I've said to add 55 litres of infusion water (as this is the amount of water I start with). I normally sparge with 9 litres or so but I don't think I've added that anywhere on beersmith. But the app has calculated my pre boil volume as 53.88 litres, which is also about right. On my equipment profile, I've got my final batch volume as 45 litres, which is what I usually get after boiling.

But then if you look at my brewday timer, it says to start with 121.65 litres of water and to sparge with -54.75 litres which is obviously wrong.

Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong?ImageImageImageImage
craigbayne

Re: Beersmith app setup

Unread postby craigbayne » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:08 pm

Oops, sorry for the double posting.

I suppose I should add that I'm using the 50 litre model (although that's probably obvious). Also, that smoked oatmeal stout recipe in the last screenshot is absolutely brilliant
craigbayne

Return to Software