1.1.27 Braumeister firmware released

Do you need help setting up your favourite brewing software? Or help out other with the lessons you learned while calculating recipes for your Braumeister.

1.1.27 Braumeister firmware released

Unread postby f00b4r » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 am

New firmware released:

"Client function for the Braumeister to connect the Braumeister from everywhere via MySpeidel, hop additions in X min, bugfixes. Includes also the serial veresion 1.1.25/ 1.1.26 and an optional update for the wifi-module 4.8.5 (if the wifi is on 4.8.4, then update this first - version visible on the wifi settings, update starts automatically after removing the updatecable and connecting to the electricity, afterwards install the firmware for the Braumeister)."

It looks like they have changed the BM from a server to a client model, allowing you connect to it from outside your home network.

From some correspondence I have seen with Speidel this should also mean a move to HTTPS, is anyone able to confirm this (it could enable some very cool stuff)?
f00b4r

Re: 1.1.27 Braumeister firmware released

Unread postby Uwe-K » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi, here the statement from Speidel's Facebook acccount :

New firmware for Braumeiter 1.1.27 and Gärmeister 1.1.5 available for download. Now you can use the Braumeister as a client and control the Braumeister from everywhere on MySpeidel.
We recommend the update in the next 2 weeks because MySpeidels supports only the new firmware in the near future.
Thanks!

https://www.speidels-braumeister.de/…/service/downloads.html

I just had a phone call with Speidel to find out how this highlevel technical works - as it sounds Speidel can see the Braumeister's progress in my home-network now :(

I didn't get a technical explanaition - only it was said the the Braumeister sends data securly to the Speidel server, and there I will be able to see any brewing progress.

Basically the same I do today with VPN - and under my control ...
cu
Uwe :beer:
Uwe-K

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby john.donovan62 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:31 am

Hi all. I've just attempted to update my BM and as the download was almost complete it failed. Now my BM is stuck with yellow lights and blank screen when i turn it on. I've tried several times to update but keep getting an incompatible message on the updater screen. Any thoughts, ideas or general comments would be appreciated. I did try to update wifi unit first but have't been able to do this as I can't find an update just for wifi unit.
john.donovan62

Unread postby john.donovan62 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:13 am

Update. I went back to the laptop rather than the Mac and I got the latest update to load successfully. Now i'm still getting the yellow lights and blank screen after waiting a minute before power back on.
john.donovan62

Unread postby nibber » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Have you tried re-flashing the unit again?
I would try it another couple of times.....
See here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2962

I tried updating the the WiFi on mine which it said do this first on the Speidel website, when the 1.1.26 firmware was release but the Wifi part never updated but the 1.1.26 firmware went in okay.
Or try flashing an older version of the firmware into the controller if you have a copy of a slightly older one ( I may have an older version in my Braumeister folderd on my pc at home I could send you).
Otherwise if that does not work it will be return the controller to Speidel to sort-as the controller is bricked.( I am always wary of doing firmware updates but want the latest firmware in my machine so always do them- 9 times out of 10 never a problem -but it is always in the back of my mind sod's law what if I get a power cut when the update if transferring etc ! :twisted: :evil:
nibber

Model: 50 litres (2015)

Unread postby nibber » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:13 pm

See above
nibber

Unread postby Uwe-K » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi,
In the German Speidel FB Group several people have issues with the update - documentation is suboptimal.

I updated Wlan FW first
Power off
USB still connected
Power on
Updated FW 1.1.27 ( the latest ) by executing update program again
Once this succeeded, power off, USB disconnected,and restart.

What many people tried after updating the WLAN to start the Braumeister ... this does not work. ( see above )

cu
Uwe
cu
Uwe :beer:
Uwe-K

Unread postby john.donovan62 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:26 pm

Thanks for your comments folks they are appreciated but at this stage not helpful, I think I have indeed "bricked" my controller. I can get the updates into the unit no problems, everything uploads ok but when i turn the power back on to the BM I just get the yellow lights and blank screen. I think I will contact Speidel and see what they say. Thanks again to you all.
john.donovan62

Unread postby nibber » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:44 am

It will probably be approx 14 day turn around they normally send a courier to collect the controller for returns (that what mine took when I sent it back) :beer:
nibber

Unread postby john.donovan62 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:33 am

Thanks nibbler. I'm just talking with them via email now. Still trying to get an easy fix but I think I will have to send it to them. I'm in Australia so it may take a little longer.
john.donovan62

Unread postby nibber » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:29 am

Did you manage to sort out the controller? :(
nibber

Unread postby john.donovan62 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:54 am

I had been talking, via email, to one of the Seidel people on Tuesday. I haven’t heard anything from them since then. They asked me simple stuff like following instruction and trying to reload a previous update. If I have no luck with them I will be talking to my retailer who is the Australian importer and asking him to try and sort something out with Speidel. If I have stuffed it it will cost me $550 au to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john.donovan62

Unread postby john.donovan62 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:06 am

An update on my BM50 controller. I will be sending the unit controller and wifi unit back to Speidel in Germany. They have been very helpful to deal with. I haven’t brewed for 12 months, so another 3-4 weeks won’t be a problem. I have bought a couple of FWK from the brew shop and they have turned out to be a quality product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john.donovan62

Unread postby vv3 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:25 pm

Uwe-K wrote:Hi, here the statement from Speidel's Facebook acccount :

New firmware for Braumeiter 1.1.27 and Gärmeister 1.1.5 available for download. Now you can use the Braumeister as a client and control the Braumeister from everywhere on MySpeidel.
We recommend the update in the next 2 weeks because MySpeidels supports only the new firmware in the near future.
Thanks!

https://www.speidels-braumeister.de/…/service/downloads.html

I just had a phone call with Speidel to find out how this highlevel technical works - as it sounds Speidel can see the Braumeister's progress in my home-network now :(

I didn't get a technical explanaition - only it was said the the Braumeister sends data securly to the Speidel server, and there I will be able to see any brewing progress.

Basically the same I do today with VPN - and under my control ...

I totally agree that this new firmware is a step in the wrong direction. I for one will not upgrade until this new client mode can be disabled.
vv3

Unread postby MattSR » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:14 am

The more I see the direction they’re taking the nee controller, the more and more I love my original controller :)
MattSR

Model: 50 litres

Next

Return to Software