New Software released today

Do you need help setting up your favourite brewing software? Or help out other with the lessons you learned while calculating recipes for your Braumeister.

Re: New Software released today

Unread postby MonsieurBadgerCheese » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:32 pm

Thanks f00b4r. Really thought I'd seen the last of Windows, and don't think I even know anyone with a PC now. Beginning to seem like more hassle than it's worth. :roll:

MBC
MonsieurBadgerCheese

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby MonsieurBadgerCheese » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:54 pm

f00b4r wrote:
MonsieurBadgerCheese wrote:Have I missed something obvious, or is there only support for PC? Nothing for Mac?

MBC :)

It's PC only but I flashed it on a Mac using VMWare and a windows virtual machine.

Trying to do this today, so far with no sucess. Using Windows 10, running inside Parallels Desktop, on a Macbook.

Growler wrote:The reason for the com error is you have BM connected to mains power.

From memory this is the steps...

Download the update
Do not connect BM to power
Plug USB cable into computer
Run update app
You'll get a message to connect USB to wifi unit... do that
Then you'll get a message to connect BM to mains power
Software will update
Then turn off
Unplug everything
Then power BM back up... all good :cheers:

Cheers
Growler

I have followed this sequence exactly. Update downloaded; BM not connected to mains; Update app started; When prompted, USB connected from wi-fi module to computer; Device recognised by Windows and drivers automatically installed (I have also tried running the driver wizard supplied by Spiedel. It said that no changes had beed made as no better drivers were available); When prompted, BM connected to mains power.

At this point, I expected to see the 4 lights on the BM controller illuminate (as shown here)....

FlyingBike1254 wrote:I made a video looking at the old software version and the new beta version.

.........however there was no evidence of any power to the BM at all. I have double-checked all connections. I have repeated all of those steps several times, with the same result.

I decided to try to continue with the update and clicked the box. Still no evidence of power to the BM, and very soon after I get the message....

'AVROSP' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Don't know what that means!

The good news is that when I disconnect everything, switch the BM off, then back on, nothing has changed. So at least I haven't broken it!

Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks.

MonsieurBadgerCheese

Unread postby f00b4r » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:47 pm

I did it with VMWare so it may be worth downloading a trial of that to test with our borrowing a Windows laptop. Unfortunately everything is in boxes at that moment after moving house or I would try running it again to jog my memory.

EDIT did you ensure that the controller was connected to the virtual host and that the driver was installed in Windows before updating (i cannot remember if I had to do the latter manually)?
f00b4r

Unread postby MonsieurBadgerCheese » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:48 pm

Hi,

Yes, that was all tried and tested.

MonsieurBadgerCheese

Unread postby Omphteliba » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:25 pm

[quote=mojito71]Was looking around, and found the "Upload recipe", and if I try to browse for files it says "Format: RECIPE FILE (.recipe)". Does anyone know that fileformat?[/quote]

When you download one of your own recipes, you will see that it is a binary format. No idea what the format is.
"Brew! There is never enough beer in the world."
- Burghard Meyer on Beersmith Podcast #66
Omphteliba

Unread postby peram » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:22 am

Omphteliba wrote:[quote=mojito71]Was looking around, and found the "Upload recipe", and if I try to browse for files it says "Format: RECIPE FILE (.recipe)". Does anyone know that fileformat?

When you download one of your own recipes, you will see that it is a binary format. No idea what the format is.[/quote]

I think there is a post somewhere on the forum that explained the format. If I remember correctly is is not a binary format, but just a loooong string.

Edit : have a look at post 44 in the Wifi module ... thread.

Regs,

Peram

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
peram

Unread postby Omphteliba » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:44 am

@peram: Thats the format the recipes are stored on the Braumeister. I was talking about the format in which the recipes are stored on Speidels cloud.
"Brew! There is never enough beer in the world."
- Burghard Meyer on Beersmith Podcast #66
Omphteliba

Unread postby peram » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:26 am

Omphteliba wrote:@peram: Thats the format the recipes are stored on the Braumeister. I was talking about the format in which the recipes are stored on Speidels cloud.

Ah.. Ok...my bad...

Peram

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
peram

Unread postby f00b4r » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:50 am

The new software updater zip file now also containers an software updater for Mac OS users; I did not actually test it as I had already booted into windows but good to see that they have added this and VMWare or similar is no longer needed for those on a Mac.
f00b4r

Previous

Return to Software