Beer smith profile for Braumeister 20l

Do you need help setting up your favourite brewing software? Or help out other with the lessons you learned while calculating recipes for your Braumeister.

Beer smith profile for Braumeister 20l

Unread postby timtoos » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:42 am

Hi guys,

I have a question about which equipment profile I should use. I am looking at doing my first brew on my 20L braumeister next weekend and I have 2 profiles for the 20l braumeister in my beersmith program.

The 2 profiles are:
1. Nesto's profile;
2. The beer smith profile (I think this is the official release from beer smith but don't hold me to this).

The question is which one should I use? The beermith profile shows the MT weight at 4.5kg whereas Nesto's shows a more realistic 14kg.

Which one do you guys use? Do you change any of the settings?

Thanks
timtoos

Model: 20 litres

Re: Beer smith profile for Braumeister 20l

Unread postby Cervantes » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:08 am

With the BM it doesn't matter as you're heating the wort any way.

It would make a difference if you were calculating the temp of your strike water in a traditional, non-heated mash tun as you would have to raise the temperature of the mash tun. A bigger mash tun would soak up more heat.
Cheers :cheers:
Andy
Cervantes

Re: Beer smith profile for Braumeister 20l

Unread postby Nesto » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:30 am

Use mine! Hehe, I wrote about the Beersmith profile last year... viewtopic.php?f=11&t=123#p3669

The one clarification/update I'd make to my comments in brewhouse efficiency. The Beersmith brewhouse efficiency (tot efficiency) is somewhat meaningless, but it's necessary to adjust this in order to estimate mash efficiency. I suppose if you actually have 5 liters of loss to trub in the kettle, maybe you'd end up at 62%. Most of us tilt at least a little to make this loss lower. This is the one area where the great efficiency of the Braumeister actually makes estimating brewhouse and mash efficiency difficult. My mash efficiency will be pretty predictable for the same recipe/mash schedule, but for another it might be 7% or more difference.

The MT weight is way off in the Beermsith profile, but since we Braumeister users don't need to worry about strike temp calculations it doesn't matter.

Return to Software