50L Beersmith Equipment Profile

Do you need help setting up your favourite brewing software? Or help out other with the lessons you learned while calculating recipes for your Braumeister.

50L Beersmith Equipment Profile

Unread postby cliffo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi All,

Does anyone have a definitive Beersmith equipment profile for the 50L that gets them bang on their expected numbers?

I know everyone's real world results will be different but curious to see what people are using.

I've had my BM for about 14 months and have never really hit my numbers using Beersmith.

My last two brews I removed the amount in loss to trub and chiller and added it to my total output and hit my OG but keen to see how others have it set up.

Cheers,
cliffo
cliffo

Model: 50 litres

RE: 50L Beersmith Equipment Profile

Unread postby paddye » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:09 pm

I found one on the internet the other day but this site wont let me upload it.
paddye

Unread postby niels » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:01 pm

paddye wrote:I found one on the internet the other day but this site wont let me upload it.

You can send it to me and I will put it on the server.

Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby paddye » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:19 pm

If you follow the link you should see a screen shot of the equipment profile Beersmith equipment profile. I have mailed the actual file to Niels too.

beersmith_profile_50L.jpg
paddye

Unread postby niels » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:19 am

paddye wrote:I have mailed the actual file to Niels too.

I added the configuration file to this post.

Niels

Braumeister 50L settings.bsmx
Braumeister 50l BeerSmith settings file
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 1398 times
niels
Site Admin

Re: 50L Beersmith Equipment Profile

Unread postby Hopkinsstevea » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:31 pm

I just purchased a 50L Braumeister so this profile would work great I have just one problem, I can open up the file in Beersmith but does anyone know how to load it into the equipment list
Thanks
Steve
Hopkinsstevea

Unread postby Victor Coelho » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:20 am

You can simply copy and paste it in equipment profiles and then set it as your default profile.
Victor Coelho

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby niels » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:53 am

I'm not a BeerSmith user, but I have seen the online documentation. You can find more info about importing a file (recipe, equipment profile, ...) here: http://www.beersmith.com/help2/index.ht ... _files.htm

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby bierfest » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi,
Does anybody have a well tested Beeersmith for the 50l unit but for doing 20l batches.

I mostly brew 20l batches in my 50l unit but would love to have a very accurate profile.
bierfest

Unread postby Eldoreth » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:20 am

Hi all,

Same here! I have a 50L BM with the small Maltpipe insert to brew smaller batches. It would help if anyone has a good profile for this setup too.
Maybe it's enough to adapt the batch total given that the boil-off and loss to trub stays the same I guess...
Any help more than welcome !!

Cheers
Kristof
Lamontius.net
Eldoreth

Unread postby leosardinha » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:29 pm

I am on the same situation of both of you.

I have been strugling between Final Volume and OG since I started. about 10 brews done.

My concenssus up to now is:

Mash with 30L
Sparge to restore the grain absorption(which normally should be 1L per KG)
4L boil off per hour
2L Trub/Deadspace loss(I take a some of trub to the FV, read a study that it does not really affect the beer quality, appearance does not matter for me because I fine with gelatin)

Leaves me with a little over a post mix normally.
leosardinha

Unread postby niels » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:30 pm

bierfest wrote:Hi,
Does anybody have a well tested Beeersmith for the 50l unit but for doing 20l batches.

I mostly brew 20l batches in my 50l unit but would love to have a very accurate profile.

I just want to point out that the short malt pipe is meant for 25 litres batches since it is half of the original malt pipe. Of course you can do 20 litres batches with it too!

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby Batz » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:02 pm

So still no one has this for the 25lt malt pipe?
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
Batz

20L Beersmith Equipment Profile

Unread postby desupero » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:42 pm

If you go to "File" "Addons" in BeerSmith there is an option to import grains, equipment etc. There is an option for 20l BM there as well as 50l. I would be interested to know what your thoughts are on the numbers in the import. On a second note i also have Beer Tools Pro. Of the 2 i spent just a little time today on beersmith and for me it seemed a lot easier to use (including a search function in the recipe building section). The only thing i am not getting is the stepped mash part where it gives these figures:

Description Step Temperature Step Time
Protein Rest Add 20.86 l of water at 54.0 C 50.0 C 30 min
Saccharification Heat to 68.9 C over 15 min 68.9 C 30 min
Mash Out Heat to 75.6 C over 10 min 75.6 C 10 min

As this is only my second brew, could someone explain this in a little more detail for me please? When would i add the grain, is there a rest? And in particular what do the Step times relate to please...

Thanks
desupero

Unread postby Dicko » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:52 pm

With a BM you do not need to calculate dough in temperature losses as the machine will do it all for you.
Just heat your water to 38 deg or there abouts and dough in your grain.
Set your mash temps and times to suit your brew and the Speidel does it all for you.

The reason no one wants to put up a profile is that each software profile varies between brewers.

Some insist on tipping all or most of the trub into the fermenter, some have greatly varying grain absorption figures then throw ito the mix the fact that Speidel make different size malt pipes as an option for the 20 and the 50 and their instructions do not really allow for total accuracy with varying sparge amounts.

And then we have just plain old innacuracies in an individuals measurements and the "pissing contest" by some to claim the highest efficiency figures for their personal method not counting that Beersmith adds to the confusion by using Brewhouse Efficiency as the main figure over the more important, Mash Efficiency.....no wonder newbies have trouble when starting out.
Mash efficiency will give you repeatability with your recipes,
Brewhouse eficiency will mean close to nothing on the home brew level. My opinion is that the author of Beersmith should remove that option altogether from the software if a selection is made for Home Brewing over Commercial Brewing.

I am away from home with work this week but when I get home to my desktop I will post up MY personal BM 20 figures which gives me what I want to achieve with my brew. They may be scaled to suit the differnt sizes or maybe someone will post up their PERSONAL 50 litre results in Beersmith
I have used these same figures over the last 40 brews with very little variation and consider them very close for MY brewery.

:cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Model: 20 litres

Next

Return to Software