First Belgian style

Post your brew day logs and let us enjoy them too!

Re: First Belgian style

Unread postby stevodevo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:41 am

So... not quite one week in the bottle, and I couldn't wait to see how this brew is coming along. Popped a bottle in the fridge this morning and cracked it just now. Oh man, this is so much better than I expected for my first attempt - even at this early stage. There is carbonation, but pretty much no head to speak of yet. That's be be expected, but what I didn't expect was the delicious rich Belgian flavours and aromas bursting from the glass. I couldn't be happier at the moment. The Braumeister, coupled with great advice gleaned from this forum has come through yet again. I can't wait to see how the flavours develop over the coming months, but I could seriously just drink it as is, and be as happy as I would be if I bought some imported bottles for $7-8 a pop. I can't wait to get on to my next attempt, which I'm planning to be a Dark Strong at around 9%. I'll post that recipe for some feedback when I have a sec.

Here's a happy snap of this beer half drunk. Like I say, not really any foam but time usually fixes that.

20160220_160635.jpg
stevodevo

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Previous

Return to Brew Day Logs