New user

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

New user

Unread postby hauslerbrew » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:42 am

Hello all!

I'm a homebrewer and part time professional brewer in Tennessee - USA
I'm excited about owning a BM20L in the near future. I think I will wait until they offer the new version of the BM. I really like the idea of interfacing with PC or mobile and logging brew data.
Currently I have a 3v system that produces up to 15 gallon batches. I have spent quite a lot of money building this system and unfortunately I've built it so large that It's no longer fun to brew on.
I want brewing to be a fun experience again.

Here is my current setup - soon to sell most of it as I will no longer need it with the BM. Cheers!

hauslerbrew

New user

Unread postby Nesto » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:09 am

Welcome hauslerbrew! I think you'll like a Braumeister, a lot less stuff to clean! Where are you from?... ETA: D'oh. From Tennessee I see.
Last edited by Nesto on Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Model: 20 litres

Re: New user

Unread postby redwing_al » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:36 pm

Welcome to the club. I migrated to Braumeister recently after following the path of Kits>Partial Mash>>BIAB and now Braumeister. I'm 2 brews into my new system. One was a Two Hearted Ale clone that will be ready to keg soon, the other a partial mash kit I had sitting around. Both are fermenting... I did the partial mash by using the braumeister in manual mode. I'm hoping to get a golden ale in the pipeline real soon as well.

I could have waited for the new version to come out, but I got a good price through MoreBeer and figure I'm buying an industrial grade system anyway, so I bought it at the end of a product lifecycle. I've only had it a few weeks and so far so good. it is nice to use and and any of the concerns I have had are no longer a question.

Good luck and keep us posted how things are going! By the way, how much would you say you had into your previous system? It looks fantastic!
Eagle & Schmitt Brewing
Keg 1:
Keg 2:
Keg 3:
Keg 4:
FastFermenting Vessel 1: ~
FastFermenting Vessel 2: ~
Next Up: Don't Wheaty, Be Hoppy (Wheat IPA)

Total BM Brews: 10
redwing_al

Unread postby SteveOR » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:23 pm

I have a very similar 3 v gas system. I usedit twice this last year since I got my BM20. The BM20 is so much easier to brew on. Welcome.

:beerbang:

Cheers
New 20L user.
No experience only 5 batches so far.
as of 15 apr 2014 Now 11 batches.
As of aug 2014 26 batches. I just love this machine!
Sep 2015 now over 100 batches.
SteveOR

Unread postby niels » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:39 pm

Welcome! That's one hell of a brewing behemoth :)

A BM20 is way smaller and easier to handle/clean.

:cheers:
- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Dicko » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:37 pm

hauslerbrew wrote:Hello all!

I'm a homebrewer and part time professional brewer in Tennessee - USA
I'm excited about owning a BM20L in the near future. I think I will wait until they offer the new version of the BM. I really like the idea of interfacing with PC or mobile and logging brew data.
Currently I have a 3v system that produces up to 15 gallon batches. I have spent quite a lot of money building this system and unfortunately I've built it so large that It's no longer fun to brew on.
I want brewing to be a fun experience again.

Here is my current setup - soon to sell most of it as I will no longer need it with the BM. Cheers!

Apart from me not being a semi pro brewer, I was in a similar position to you.
I had a 3v system that although it worked well, I no longer enjoyed brewing on it due to its size and the time taken to clean everything.

You will love your BM

Welcome to the forum.

The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Unread postby hauslerbrew » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:15 am

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I called Thorsten at morebeer4u today and placed an order for the new BM20. I also got the insulating jacket, the stainless steel hood and the short malt pipe (10L). Thorsten said delivery should be about mid February! Very excited.
Last edited by hauslerbrew on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hauslerbrew

Unread postby Batz » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:42 am

Welcome

Your not the first brewer here to hang up his 3V brewery, you will be amazed how much fun and how easy brew days are with a Braumeister. Oh the beer is better as well.

Batz
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
Batz

Unread postby royco » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:45 pm

Welcome hauslerbrew.

That is a magnificent SS sculpture you have there. I was trying to design something similar after going from kit to cooler box 3V, but luckily stumbled upon a barely used BM50. Take just ONE of your 3 vessels and, voila, BM50. With the BM20 you just won't know yourself, it is so neat and easy. You get to be able to do other things for fairly prolonged periods while the CPU sorts out the steps! And the guys on this forum are so helpful, having humoured (humored? :wink: ) me with my naive noob questions.
royco

Unread postby dinnerstick » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:05 pm

welcome! nice brew setup, i guess you'll get a good penny for it. now, what do you do with the giant lounge chair on wheels in the background??
and what sort of system do you use & brews do you make as a pro?
cheers
dinnerstick

Unread postby hauslerbrew » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:55 pm

dinnerstick wrote:welcome! nice brew setup, i guess you'll get a good penny for it. now, what do you do with the giant lounge chair on wheels in the background??
and what sort of system do you use & brews do you make as a pro?
cheers

All the chairs/couches in the "home brewery" needed to be on wheels, so as to accomodate a relaxed sitting posture while rolling yourself to the kegerator to pour yourself another brew. It really is a magical thing.
The professional system is a franken-brew 7bbl setup, really just pieced together to support a tap room and small distrubution. Test batching starts in January and hopefully supplying a handful of vendors around town come Feb/March.
This is also one of the reasons I wanted to go with the BM, I won't have much time to brew on this 3v system - and I probably wont want to since I'm already investing a lot of effort brewing professionally. The simplicity of the BM just makes sense at this point.
hauslerbrew

Unread postby dinnerstick » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:48 pm

hauslerbrew wrote:All the chairs/couches in the "home brewery" needed to be on wheels, so as to accomodate a relaxed sitting posture while rolling yourself to the kegerator to pour yourself another brew.

you don't want to over-exert early on in the brew day. most of the game is mental and you're playing it smart.
dinnerstick

Unread postby Dicko » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:13 pm

The 20 l BM will be an excellent pilot brew machine for the bigger brewery. :drink:

The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Return to Welcome!