Hello from Sussex

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

Hello from Sussex

Unread postby JPSussex » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi All,

I've had my BM20 for around 9 months and made about 20 brews. Very impressive bit of kit.

I'm interested in other peoples' experience of using the BM, particularly in conjunction with BrewSmith software, as well as sharing recipes etc of course.

I'd also like to find out if there is anyone else in my area that wants to get together and chew the cud, even start a Homebrew club along US lines, who knows?

Looking forward to getting involved.

John
JPSussex

Model: 20 litres

Re: Hello from Sussex

Unread postby Nesto » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:52 am

Welcome John. Checkout the software subforum... viewforum.php?f=11. There are many BeerSmith users here (I assume that's the software you were talking about).

Unread postby Payneee » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi John

I have a BM20, been brewing for a year or so and am based in Sevenoaks and be good to catch up and share experiences!

Andy
Payneee

Unread postby Oz11 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:02 pm

..and hello from Tonbridge!
FV: Northdown/EKG Bitter
Cond: Oatmeal Stout
On MiniKeg: Boadicea Bitter, Single Hop Boadicea, Dogbolter, US Amber
Bottled: Triple Stout, English Wheat Beer, Salem Porter, Triple Stout '15, JHB, Exmoor Gold, APA, Foundryman's Gold, Whitbread 1905 XK, US IPA, Irish Stout, SNPA, Autumn Mild, US Stout, Summit IPA, Milk Stout, Jaipur, 1930's Courage Stout

http://www.PubsAndBeer.co.uk
Oz11

Location: Tonbridge, Kent. UK. Brewing at the Rockin Robin Brewery (15BBL), Maidstone.

Unread postby JPSussex » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:07 pm

Hi Folks,

That's a great start, yes Beersmith is the one!

Andy and Ox11 do you fancy meeting up?

John
JPSussex

Unread postby Payneee » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:24 am

Hi John

Yes, be good to meet up lets sort out a date we can all make

A
Payneee

Unread postby Oz11 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:30 am

Always happy if there's likely to be beer involved! My spare time is at a premium, though, at the moment as I'm involved with the brewery alongside my "normal" job. After Christmas perhaps? It's out of your way but there is a home brew club that meets in Maidstone towards the end of each month (normally the last Tuesday). If you would like the details I'll post 'em up.

BTW... Ox11? :cry: :lol:
Bottled: Triple Stout, English Wheat Beer, Salem Porter, Triple Stout '15, JHB, Exmoor Gold, APA, Foundryman's Gold, Whitbread 1905 XK, US IPA, Irish Stout, SNPA, Autumn Mild, US Stout, Summit IPA, Milk Stout, Jaipur, 1930's Courage Stout

Oz11

Location: Tonbridge, Kent. UK. Brewing at the Rockin Robin Brewery (15BBL), Maidstone.

Unread postby JPSussex » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:11 pm

Sorry Oz, losing my eyesight as well as my mind!

Looks like meeting in Tonbridge is a good starting point, sort of the middle of us all. Do you have a local pub you'd be happy to meet in?

Looks like we may have music taste in common too, you're up to speed with the Ramblin' Man fest next year I presume?

John
JPSussex

Unread postby Oz11 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:46 pm

We're not overwhelmed by decent pubs unfortunately. Our Spoons is our annual beer guide entry which kinda says it all...decent beer but with the usual cross-section of society that Spoons pubs tend to attract. They can divide opinion so I'm loathe to suggest it as somewhere to meet up.

Oz11

Return to Welcome!