Going for it

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

Going for it

Unread postby mooncat » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:07 pm

After reading everything possible about the Braumeister I'm ordering a 20lt this week. Swiggingpig swung it for me after coming over to see my WilliamsWarn and put up with all my questions. A taste of his Braumeister smash beer sold it, and importantly convinced SWMBO that a Braumeister is an necessary household expense. Well that's what I thought she said! Only decision is where from. I see there is a significant price difference for everything I intend to buy between Speidal and Vigo and BrewUk. Some £180 after currency conversion. The Irish retailer is some £150 cheaper than the UK distributors. I emailed Vigo last week to see if they might adjust their prices downward a tad. Hmm no answer as yet. Will take Swiggingpig's advice and ring direct. Meanwhile anyone in UK bought direct from Ireland? Is it possible? Anyway I will soon be joining all you brewers.
mooncat

Model: 20 litres

Re: Going for it

Unread postby royco » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:53 am

I like your thinking! You will be well pleased

Royco
royco

Model: 50 litres

Re: Going for it

Unread postby niels » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:03 am

Good call! Welcome to the club ;)

Well, you might want to consider stock. If you buy through a reseller that doesn't keep stock, but ships directly from Speidel to you it might add a few days to the shipping time. Also, if you run into problems with the shipment (e.g. damage) you've always to work through a middle man.

Anyway, 180 GBP is a lot of ingredients and I would consider going for the cheaper option.

:cheers:
- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Return to Welcome!