Hi from Belgium 2

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

Hi from Belgium 2

Unread postby Eldoreth » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:21 am

Hi all,

Me too I am from Belgium in the Antwerp region. I own a 50L BM a few months now which I used to brew once before summer knocked on the door.
So I am quite unexperienced with the BM. I have the normal beginner setup of kettle and plastic lauter tun, plate chiller, etc which I used to brew the first five beers with before I changed to the BM mainly by reading posts on another forum (flemish/dutch) from Niels, Anglofile and many others.
My BM setup is the 50l with the small batches malt pipe for 25l batches, a hop restrainer and the insulation jacket. I am not in possession of the hood though. Other equipment consist of a new fridge I am converting to use as a controlled fermentation environment using a Hong Kong temperature controller and a heating wire. I also have a plate stirrer for yeast starters (?) and my next winter project is switching to the brewpi setup with an arduino.
Due to family and work I do not have a lot of time to spend so my experience build-up goes very slowly. I have a first recipe formulation ready which I threw together with a friend and which should be our next brew somewhere in September. I hope to learn a lot on using the BM correctly and based on the results of the brews, to find some advice from other BM owners. I am also interested in the ways of brewing high gravities with the BM 50l using the small pipe since this is still a mystery to me (all-grain or partial mash or extract and grain or sugar...etc...) given the minimum liters of water needed in the BM and influence your mash thickness.
Voila, that's me and what I try to do and why I am here.....

Regards
Kristof
Lamontius.net
Eldoreth

Model: 50 litres

Re: Hi from Belgium 2

Unread postby niels » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:58 am

Hi Kristof,

Welcome to the forum! Always nice to see some locals joining. ;)

Regarding the BrewPi: I have one laying around, but I do regret the purchase a bit. In my opinion there are better alternatives (mainly the BrewBit Model T), but it is of course also a personal feeling. Check out this thread about temperature controllers: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=196

:cheers:
- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Return to Welcome!