Hello from France

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

Hello from France

Unread postby steche » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:19 am

Hi ! I'm a new BM10 user ! I've been brewing in my kitchen for 4 years in the non automated way :wink:
Now the easy way !
:cheers:
steche

Model: 10 litres (2015)

Re: Hello from France

Unread postby Bigstew » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Welcome to the BM world you and your mates are going to enjoy you labours.
Bigstew

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby MonsieurBadgerCheese » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:04 pm

Salut de Lyon!
MonsieurBadgerCheese

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby IPA » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:25 am

Bienvenue parmi nous. You might wish you had bought a bigger model when you see how easy it is :beer:
IPA

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby aziztan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:29 pm

bigstew, I'm glad the recent controller issue hasn't turned you off from the Brau mate!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
aziztan

Unread postby aziztan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Back on topic.

Welcome to the forum Steche.

aziztan

Unread postby steche » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:12 am

Thank you for your welcome messages ! :cheers:
(For the Frenchies : I currently live in Belfort)
:beer:
steche

Unread postby steche » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:21 am

IPA wrote:Bienvenue parmi nous. You might wish you had bought a bigger model when you see how easy it is :beer:

Yes so easy ! First batch done, there was nothing else to do it brewed by itself ! I even wasted my spare time on watching the BM10 brewing ! :lol:
I like to brew more often than to drink beer (crazy :?: ), so I believe the BM10 will suit me fine ! I started 4 years ago with a 1 gallon (3.8L) kit from Brooklyn Brewshop with a glas jar as a fermenter, then I purchased an additional 5L glas jar. I still live with those jars with my BM10, an hope to get a 10/15L stainless steel fermenter for Christmas ! :-) (I don’t really trust in the petrochemical industry to put my good beer in their plastic fermenter :mrgreen: ).
steche

Unread postby steche » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:28 am

aziztan wrote:bigstew, I'm glad the recent controller issue hasn't turned you off from the Brau mate!

I haven’t even heard of the controller issue before the purchase... I just discovered this in the forum threads after your message... What is the cause of this ?
I had an issue with the BraumeisterMobil module : it connect and disconnect every 10 seconds from my wifi router, so the wireless connection was quite impossible... I tried to use my computer wifi antenna instead of the one supplied and had the same issue... But yesterday Braumeister sent me a new antenna, and surprise : I plugged in the Braumeister and kept the wifi connection for 20min without any deconnection, so I switched it off... I will have a longer try during my next brewday within 2 weeks...
steche

Unread postby aziztan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:29 am

I was given the exact Brooklyn Brew kit from my missus (5 years ago) I remember watching their instruction manual numerous times trying to understand it all. It was an IPA and came a packet of S04 yeast. I had no idea about temperature control so it wasn't great, but first brew will always be special no matter how awful it turned out.

I also remember saying I would never brew anymore than 1 gallon (5L), but these days even my 20L BM doesn't seem like much.

aziztan

Unread postby steche » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:58 pm

I had the chance to have in my neighborhood a beer shop : the guy not only sells beer, but also the products and raw materials, and he regularly organize collective training ! So my first Brookly Brewshop honey ale already was a success ! :-) then the kit mixes are quite expensive so I started to create my own recipes with the big help of some good books !
steche

Unread postby aziztan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:08 pm

steche wrote:
aziztan wrote:bigstew, I'm glad the recent controller issue hasn't turned you off from the Brau mate!

I haven’t even heard of the controller issue before the purchase... I just discovered this in the forum threads after your message... What is the cause of this ?
I had an issue with the BraumeisterMobil module : it connect and disconnect every 10 seconds from my wifi router, so the wireless connection was quite impossible... I tried to use my computer wifi antenna instead of the one supplied and had the same issue... But yesterday Braumeister sent me a new antenna, and surprise : I plugged in the Braumeister and kept the wifi connection for 20min without any deconnection, so I switched it off... I will have a longer try during my next brewday within 2 weeks...
Condensation on the screen. The great BM Achilles heel. Speidel never bothered to try to fix it for their customers.

aziztan

Return to Welcome!