Hello from Scotland

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

Hello from Scotland

Unread postby moody » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:52 pm

Hello, greeting from Scotland. I own a 20l BM and a 50l BM plus tanks etc. Hopefully to brew some good chats on here.
moody

Model: 50 litres

Re: Hello from Scotland

Unread postby mashy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:28 am

Morning

Welcome board. At this point I would normally ask new Members if they are new to brewing. I think that's probably stooput given as you have a 20 & 50 and a collection of shiney stainless, to make a magpie proud.

So tell us what you have modded - Some of us are obsessive compulsive tinkerers. :D
mashy

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby moody » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:48 am

Hi yes I think you are right. I should have expanded a little bit more. We (as family business) are coffee roasters. We collaborate with some whisky distilleries to make whisky coffee using their barrels. The idea is to make a craft beer out of that also, roasting the barley ourselves. We have been home-brewing for years. So although I am not a novice on the brewing side yet I am quite new about Speidel equipment and technology.
moody

Unread postby mashy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:03 am

I don't think you could have picked better equipment. But be alert to condensation if you have the new black controllers.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1465&hilit=fast+beer

Coffee roasting - hmmm - that is an itch that I'm trying not to scratch at the moment. Really really fancy having a go - think of all the stainless :D
mashy

Unread postby moody » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:19 am

Many thanks for your reply. I was aware about the condensation. I will keep an eye on it. I am very excited about the equipment. My main issue for me now is that I can get online the 20l but not the 50l despite the software update. So I may try an older software version for the 50l and to phone Speidel directly if unsuccessful.
moody

Unread postby aziztan » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:56 pm

moody wrote:Hi yes I think you are right. I should have expanded a little bit more. We (as family business) are coffee roasters. We collaborate with some whisky distilleries to make whisky coffee using their barrels. The idea is to make a craft beer out of that also, roasting the barley ourselves. We have been home-brewing for years. So although I am not a novice on the brewing side yet I am quite new about Speidel equipment and technology.
Now this I like the sound of. Welcome mate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
aziztan

Unread postby moody » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:22 pm

aziztan wrote:
moody wrote:Hi yes I think you are right. I should have expanded a little bit more. We (as family business) are coffee roasters. We collaborate with some whisky distilleries to make whisky coffee using their barrels. The idea is to make a craft beer out of that also, roasting the barley ourselves. We have been home-brewing for years. So although I am not a novice on the brewing side yet I am quite new about Speidel equipment and technology.
Now this I like the sound of. Welcome mate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thank you mate
moody

Return to Welcome!