Hello from England

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

Hello from England

Unread postby Kronos » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Hello there

I have been brewing for a couple of years using the Grainfather and have just upgraded to the Braumeister 20L Plus.

I hope to find some answers to some of my questions here, thank you for having me. :cheers:
User avatar
Kronos
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:02 pm
Location: Leicestershire, England
Model: 20 litres

Re: Hello from England

Unread postby IPA » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:52 am

Kronos wrote:Hello there

I have been brewing for a couple of years using the Grainfather and have just upgraded to the Braumeister 20L Plus.

I hope to find some answers to some of my questions here, thank you for having me. :cheers:


Welcome You need to be a bit patient sometimes when you hit submit or you end up with multiple posts.
IPA
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:16 am
Location: France
Model: 50 litres

Re: Hello from England

Unread postby mashy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:23 am

Hello. Welcome to the forum.

What do you normally brew?
User avatar
mashy
 
Posts: 2650
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:43 pm
Location: Mercia
Model: 20 litres

Re: Hello from England

Unread postby nibber » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:47 am

Welcome to the forum :)
User avatar
nibber
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:50 pm
Location: The Garden of England,Kent.
Model: 50 litres (2015)

Re: Hello from England

Unread postby Onthebrew » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:50 am

it will be interesting to find out your thoughts between the two systems. What made you upgrade/switch in the first place?
Onthebrew
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:02 am
Location: Belfast
Model: 20 litres

Re: Hello from England

Unread postby Bigstew » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:31 pm

Welcome Kronos, are you a Venom fan?
User avatar
Bigstew
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:13 pm
Location: Canterbury, England.
Model: 20 litres

Re: Hello from England

Unread postby Kronos » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:26 pm

mashy wrote:Hello. Welcome to the forum.

What do you normally brew?

Kolsch and Dortmunder Export, some English ales, next brew is a Fullers London Porter.
Last edited by Kronos on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kronos
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:02 pm
Location: Leicestershire, England
Model: 20 litres

Re: Hello from England

Unread postby Kronos » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Onthebrew wrote:it will be interesting to find out your thoughts between the two systems. What made you upgrade/switch in the first place?

The GF has too many external pipes and having to wrestling with the chiller. Having used my Braumeister for the first time last week I also found cleaning a lot easier.
User avatar
Kronos
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:02 pm
Location: Leicestershire, England
Model: 20 litres

Re: Hello from England

Unread postby Kronos » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Bigstew wrote:Welcome Kronos, are you a Venom fan?

No, Kronos was the name of a magician in an old old text adventure written by a software company called Magnetic Scrolls back in the late 80's.
User avatar
Kronos
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:02 pm
Location: Leicestershire, England
Model: 20 litres

Re: Hello from England

Unread postby nibber » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Kronos wrote:
Onthebrew wrote:it will be interesting to find out your thoughts between the two systems. What made you upgrade/switch in the first place?

The GF has too many external pipes and having to wrestling with the chiller. Having used my Braumeister for the first time last week I also found cleaning a lot easier.



I stilll use my Grainfather AND i rate it just as good as my 20 Litre Braumeister,it takes a bigger grain bill (9.0Kg as opposed to 6.0Kg) than my 20 AND the Bluetooth controller works faultlessly AND does not suffer from temperature drift issues when mashing or controller condensation issues unlike my 20 litre Brau which cost me twice as much with a crap tap supplied as standard.Disagree on the cleaning bit,with a Grainfather you can pump the cleaner through the chiller and then the machine - unlike the Braumeister (without a mod) okay Grainfather build quality is not as good but never had any issues with mine at all after 3 years use :beer:
Just my two penneth worth Lol.
User avatar
nibber
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:50 pm
Location: The Garden of England,Kent.
Model: 50 litres (2015)


Return to Welcome!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests