Hello from the UK

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

Hello from the UK

Unread postby timfuller » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:48 am

Hi there,

My name is Tim and I have done a few kit brews and already realised that I need to go the AG path to get the level of quality that I am looking for.

I am particularly interested in the short malt pipe for the 20L Braumeister that Speidel have recently relelased as it will allow me to do small 10l test runs and allow me to brew more often whilst I learn.

Happy brewing to everyone.
timfuller

Re: Hello from the UK

Unread postby Oz11 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:44 am

Hi from another potential owner in Tonbridge... cheers!
FV: Northdown/EKG Bitter
Cond: Oatmeal Stout
On MiniKeg: Boadicea Bitter, Single Hop Boadicea, Dogbolter, US Amber
Bottled: Triple Stout, English Wheat Beer, Salem Porter, Triple Stout '15, JHB, Exmoor Gold, APA, Foundryman's Gold, Whitbread 1905 XK, US IPA, Irish Stout, SNPA, Autumn Mild, US Stout, Summit IPA, Milk Stout, Jaipur, 1930's Courage Stout

http://www.PubsAndBeer.co.uk
Oz11

Location: Tonbridge, Kent. UK. Brewing at the Rockin Robin Brewery (15BBL), Maidstone.
Model: 20 litres

Unread postby timfuller » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:49 am

Fantastic, I am in Tunbridge Wells ...... Maybe a tasting session is in order....
timfuller

Unread postby Oz11 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:44 am

Unbelievable..almost next door neighbours!
Bottled: Triple Stout, English Wheat Beer, Salem Porter, Triple Stout '15, JHB, Exmoor Gold, APA, Foundryman's Gold, Whitbread 1905 XK, US IPA, Irish Stout, SNPA, Autumn Mild, US Stout, Summit IPA, Milk Stout, Jaipur, 1930's Courage Stout

Oz11

Location: Tonbridge, Kent. UK. Brewing at the Rockin Robin Brewery (15BBL), Maidstone.

Unread postby timfuller » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:01 am

Yea, its funny.

How are you brewing at the moment ? I was looking at BIAB but am still very keen on the BM as it really simplifies the kit required and it is also a very well designed bit of kit...

I think I am more likely to brew regularly with the BM. Also with the kids in the house it certainly feels safer and more child friendly.
timfuller

Unread postby Oz11 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:30 am

I've been through the usual steps. Started with a wherry kit, a couple of extract brews, BIAB and now (plastic) 3V. I have borrowed a BM and the ability to repeat brews, the convenience and an easier clean up are the deciding factors. Clearly it all comes at a price but for me that's a price worth paying. Be warned it's a slippery slope though as I am co-owner/brewer/drayman/mash-tun emptier/floor sweeper of the Rockin Robin brewery near Maidstone. Beers available from time to time at the Royal Oak and Bedford.

Oz11

Unread postby timfuller » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:47 am

Yea, def a slippery slope... I started on a few coopers kits, then a couple of festival kits and now looking at BM.....

I will def keep an eye out for your beers too.

PS - If you ever do a brewery tour or need an assistant/helper then I would love to see the full process and happy to offer free labour on the sweeping front..
timfuller

Unread postby Oz11 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:04 pm

Visitors/helpers more than welcome, however at the moment we are running it around our full time jobs so need to check first otherwise you'll not get in. Bring wellies! :)

Oz11

Unread postby timfuller » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:27 pm

Thanks that would be great. I will PM you first and also send my number.
timfuller

Return to Welcome!