Future BM owner in France

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

Future BM owner in France

Unread postby Rayman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi there!

My name is Guillaume, I'm 32 and I'm actively considering buying a BM50 (probably the Plus model).
I've been brewing all-grain in my kitchen with minimal equipment and now want to do it a little bit more seriously.

I'm looking forward sharing my Braumeister experience with you.

Thank you already for all the good information I could find on this forum which encourages me even more in getting my BM beginning of next year. :beerbang:

Cheers!
Rayman

Re: Future BM owner in France

Unread postby tsgreen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:03 pm

:beer:
tsgreen

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby mashy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Welcome aboard. Consider you chilling options carefully.
You might consider the PLUS takes far too long ...uses too much water ... costs too much for what it is.
Check out some of the other options /read some stuff on here about what other users think. And what can be done chilling in another way.
mashy

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby gandalf the brew » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:30 pm

mashy wrote:Welcome aboard. Consider you chilling options carefully.
You might consider the PLUS takes far too long ...uses too much water ... costs too much for what it is.
Check out some of the other options /read some stuff on here about what other users think. And what can be done chilling in another way.

You beat me to it mashy, I was going to suggest saving money and buying a STD 50L and getting a pump & plate chiller instead.
Carrots are good for your eyesight, but beer doubles your vision
gandalf the brew

Model: 10 litres (2015)

Unread postby IPA » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:04 am

gandalf the brew wrote:
mashy wrote:Welcome aboard. Consider you chilling options carefully.

You beat me to it mashy, I was going to suggest saving money and buying a STD 50L and getting a pump & plate chiller instead.

+1 but buy a Bacbrewing Springer and forget about the pump.
IPA

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby mashy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:05 am

Absolutely. That or check out 'jaded brewing' ideas. (I still prefer immersion chillers :D )

You could of course do the job properly :D ignore the springer and mod one of the pumps already supplied with the BM.

So... There it is.. There is no one way. But the PLUS chiller probably isn't worth the money!
mashy

Model: 20 litres

Return to Welcome!