Cheers from Norway

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

Cheers from Norway

Unread postby jervell » Sat May 31, 2014 1:19 pm

Sorry for not posting my hello earlier.

My name is Arne (38), I live in Oslo, Norway, and I've been brewing on a Braumeister 20L since February this year. I've gotten pretty hooked on brewing and I am now on my 13th batch. :-)

I do some 1-gallon pilot batches using a BIAB setup as well, purely for fun & education (same thing).

Cheers!
Arne
jervell

Model: 20 litres

Re: Cheers from Norway

Unread postby Dicko » Sat May 31, 2014 8:10 pm

Hi jervell and welcome to the forum.
13 brews in a few months....well done... Keep up the good work. :D

Do you brew a variety of styles or do you tend to stick to a particular type of beer?

:cheers:
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Unread postby jervell » Sat May 31, 2014 9:30 pm

Thanks, Dicko! I have been brewing all sorts of styles because there is so much I want to try. :-)

At the same I love diving deeper and exploring individual styles. That is why I do 1 gallon experimental batches on the side. Currently I am exploring Saison. Delicious. Too much fun!
jervell

Unread postby Dicko » Sat May 31, 2014 9:44 pm

jervell wrote:Thanks, Dicko! I have been brewing all sorts of styles because there is so much I want to try. :-)

At the same I love diving deeper and exploring individual styles. That is why I do 1 gallon experimental batches on the side. Currently I am exploring Saison. Delicious. Too much fun!

I am trying a Saison in the near future.
I have been reading Farm House Ales and have found the book very interesting with many good tips.
Cheers
The worst thing that can happen if I die is that my wife will sell all my brewing equipment for what I told her I paid for it
Dicko

Unread postby jervell » Sat May 31, 2014 9:50 pm

Thanks for the tip! I read some posts here recently where that book came up, I think you were in the conversation. Sounded like a classic, so I ordered it from my "local" bookstore. Hopefully I'll have it in a few days.
jervell

Unread postby Dicko » Sat May 31, 2014 10:04 pm

jervell wrote:Thanks for the tip! I read some posts here recently where that book came up, I think you were in the conversation. Sounded like a classic, so I ordered it from my "local" bookstore. Hopefully I'll have it in a few days.

I found Brew Like a Monk a great book as well.
It inspired me to brew a Blonde Ale which is now in the fermenter.

I love the wait for a beer to ferment with the anticipation of how it will turn out.
Maybe I should try your idea of a "pilot brew" of 5 litres to test recipes first although I will say that since my BM purchase my brews are now a lot more predictable and repeatable as well if I like what I have made.

:cheers:
Dicko

Unread postby jervell » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:49 am

Yes, precise control og time and temperature is one of the benefits that got me sold on the BM.

I haven't yet scaled any of my pilot brews up to repeat on the Braumeister, but that of course is the intention.

Strict control with the BM combined with whimsy experimentation on three-liter BIAB batches is, to me, really the absolute best of two worlds.

Hope your blonde turns out well. :-)
jervell

Unread postby niels » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:53 am

Hi Arne/jervell,

Welcome to the forum!

I've splitted the batch scaling discussion to a new topic in the General Brewing Discussions section: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=280

:beer:
Niels
niels
Site Admin

Model: 50 litres

Return to Welcome!