Brewing with BM in Poland :)

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

Brewing with BM in Poland :)

Unread postby Alexy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:43 am

Hi!

I've been following this forum closely before I pulled the trigger and bought BM 20l model. I've been brewing before with a 2 vessel system. It was okay, but I needed something requiring a little less attention. Besides I was able to set myself a dedicated brewing room at my home where there is no gas so the new brewing setup had to be electric.

I'm all amazed how good the BM is. First brewing was a breeze although I had small wort fountains. I was doing a weizen (60% wheat malt) and didn't add any rice hulls - my bad :)

I made two batches already with the new gear and can't wait to do more!

Right now I'm enjoying my weizen and waiting for the weekend to fire up the BM again :D

Alexy

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Re: Brewing with BM in Poland :)

Unread postby Alexy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:47 am

Oops, Tapatalk posted this thread 4 times. Kind request to mods to remove duplicates. Thanks!
Alexy

Unread postby Eirebrau » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:51 pm

Greetings from Ireland. Thats a fine looking wheat beer you have. What part of Poland are you from?? I'm a prospective 20L owner
Níl aon beoir mar do beoir féin.....
Eirebrau

Unread postby Alexy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:30 pm

Warsaw area. Don't hesitate any minute longer :) if your budget can take it, just grab one. There won't be any second thoughts, tested and guaranteed :)
Alexy

Unread postby Eirebrau » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Beautiful country, I have visited many times. I'm building my house at the moment and will put in a dedicated area for it.
Níl aon beoir mar do beoir féin.....
Eirebrau

Unread postby Alexy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:22 pm

Thanks. And also craft brewing scene is now quite big in Poland and of a good quality I think.

Separate room for brewing for me was I think even bigger boost in brewing quality than Braumeister itself :) I can keep my gear in one place without driving my wife mad by bombing our kitchen with my brewing crap :) I can set my mashing now, lock the room (keeping my kids safe) and do something else...
Alexy

Unread postby Alexy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:12 pm

Sharing some experience on mash efficiency.

My first two BM brews were with LHBS crushed malts. I got like high 60% / low 70% mash eff. My third batch was with grain I milled myself. I bought roller mill from Brewferm and set it to 1.2mm. Outcome - 83% mash efficiency :)
Alexy

Return to Welcome!