Hello from Koenigstein near Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

Hello from Koenigstein near Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Unread postby secuspec » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Hello all,
my name is Steffen living in a beautiful little Taunus town near Frankfurt am Main. My brewing endeavors just started recently after visiting a Swiss couple living at the Acores island Sao Miguel.
We were introduced to some excellent home brewed beer that was created using a Speidel 20L Braumeister. This got me excited so I decided to order one the same day.
Quite crazy, I know, but that's how my new hobby came to me.

In the meantime my 3rd brew is fermenting. As described in the "brewing disasters" area, my first batch went a little out of control after underestimating the grain tubes suction effect, but all in all, a delicious Festbier was the result. The second brew went very smooth and the last drops of a very nice Pale Ale are waiting to be consumed.

What started with just the Braumeister and a Speidel plastic fermenter about two months ago already grew to a conical fermenter with exact temp control, a cooling aggregate, kegerator with NC kegs and counter pressure bottle filler.

Beside my new beer hobby I am a coffee enthusiast serving as member of the board of the German chapter of the SCA (Specialty Coffee Association) from 2013 until June this year.

Looking forward learning a lot.
Best regards,
Steffen :cheers:
secuspec

Re: Hello from Koenigstein near Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Unread postby bierfest » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:31 pm

That’s a fast accumulation of equipment. Sounds like you are having fun! Do you have a special brewing room?
bierfest

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby Omphteliba » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:52 am

Welcome Steffen to the Forum and the "SCB" - Secret Society of Crazy Braumeister Users ;P *just kidding*

Sounds like the Brewbug bit you real hard! Nice setup you directly moved into. It took me couple of painful bottling session to finally switch to NC kegs.

Greetings from Heidelberg

O.
"Brew! There is never enough beer in the world."
- Burghard Meyer on Beersmith Podcast #66
Omphteliba

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby Eirebrau » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Welkommen and greetings from Ireland. Have you thought of a coffee flavour beer?? :drink:
Níl aon beoir mar do beoir féin.....
Eirebrau

Unread postby Onthebrew » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:51 pm

welcome!

Do you happen to have a good kolsch recipe or suggested mash schedule?
Onthebrew

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby secuspec » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:05 am

bierfest wrote:That’s a fast accumulation of equipment. Sounds like you are having fun! Do you have a special brewing room?

I am brewing in our basement where the washing machine is located. It‘s a perfect space for the purpose since i have a kitchen sink and sufficient power outlets for the Braumeister and the cooling aggregate. The Braumeister is set on a serving trolly for easy moving. Like the setup but as always, there’s room for improvement

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
secuspec

Return to Welcome!