Hello from Norfolk UK - 10L

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

Hello from Norfolk UK - 10L

Unread postby gandalf the brew » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi guys, Iv'e just bought a Braumeister 10L. I have up till now been doing extract and BIAB brewing, but thought it about time to go for an all in one, so being the best, I went for a BM 10L, which suits my shortarse size.
I have just watched almost all the YouTube videos on BM 10 & 20 and am busy working through this forum.
I have just one newbie question: "what's the most efficient mill size for the grain", I have a 3 roller I bought from Malt Miller a while ago.
I can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow. :beer:
Carrots are good for your eyesight, but beer doubles your vision
gandalf the brew

Model: 10 litres (2015)

Re: Hello from Norfolk UK - 10L

Unread postby mashy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Welcome. I'm sure will not disappoint you.
But do a water wash first. It will get everything up to temperature, check the leaks, and give everything a good steam cleaning and get any debris and snot out of it. It will also help you understand what is going on and take the stress out of brew day.

Good luck buddy.
Keep us posted.
mashy

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Sladek789 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:27 am

gandalf the brew wrote:I have just one newbie question: "what's the most efficient mill size for the grain"

Seems that the consensus is about a 1.2mm mill gap.
Sladek789

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby gandalf the brew » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Sladek789 wrote:
gandalf the brew wrote:I have just one newbie question: "what's the most efficient mill size for the grain"

Seems that the consensus is about a 1.2mm mill gap.

Thanks for that, I have to dial it in inches from 0 to 0.063, but that's 0.0441" to the nearest, so no probs. :cheers:

EDIT: It's arrived, I unboxed it and put some water in the boiler just in case I turn it on by mistake when setting it up.
After I set it up I filled it to 12L added just a pinch of PBW and set it to boil and gave it a good clean.
Software version is 2.1.1.24 which has the 6 hop additions and recipe names, so all in all it's been a very good afternoon. :D :D :D
Carrots are good for your eyesight, but beer doubles your vision
gandalf the brew

Model: 10 litres (2015)

Return to Welcome!