Hi from Switzerland

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

Hi from Switzerland

Unread postby RichardBlackham » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:36 am

Hi all...I've just taken delivery of a new BM 20l PLUS and looking forward t getting started with it. I've had some good experiences with the earlier model but understand from the forums there is a problem with the cooling jacket in the new model.

I know Switzerland is full of craft brewers and hope I'll run into some of you sometime soon.
Cheers, Richard
RichardBlackham

Model: 20 litres

Re: Hi from Switzerland

Unread postby LMoerkens » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:14 am

Welcome Richard, I have heard mixed messages, so it would be nice if you could post your experiences with it, especially the time it takes to cool it down.
That is the value of this forum, the combined knowledge and experience is incredible :beerbang:
LMoerkens

Unread postby mashy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:16 pm

Welcome aboard.

Cooler - yes indeed. There is a lot of early signs and thoughts that it is "well below par" so some facts and figures would be really good.
mashy

Unread postby MonsieurBadgerCheese » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi Richard,

Welcome from (almost) next-door in Lyon.

MBC :)
MonsieurBadgerCheese

Model: 20 litres (2015)

Unread postby RichardBlackham » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:20 pm

Thanks to you all...

Yes, the cooling jacket...takes a while.
On Sunday I tested the time to reduce the wort temp from boil to pitching temp and it took 1h 20mins.
I have been used to a heat exchanger with previous BM kit and that was infinitely faster.
Sadly I forgot to meter the water but I will brew again this weekend and read off the cubic metres after the wort cooling.

I suspect I will have to invest in a copper cobra or similar but I am more in favour of using a cobra with a re-circulation setup using a bucket of ice and a garden pool pump to save the water so I will be investigating that also.

More on this later.
RichardBlackham

Return to Welcome!