New BM fan

Welcome to the Braumeisters.net forums. Please read the rules and introduce yourself.

RE: New BM fan

Unread postby dinnerstick » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:40 am

royco wrote:PS: I did a lot of business in a little town called Barneveld, home of de kippen! My friend lived on the mountain, which was at least 30 meters high.
By the way, I had nothing to do with chickens.

ha! chicken world! it's world famous?? i bike around/through barneveld often, in the veluwe, searching for the "hill". generally finding chickens and churches only, and leaving barneveld as swiftly as possible. a sleepy little fanatically religious speck on the map!
dinnerstick

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby royco » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Sorry dinnerstick, big mistake. The mountain is 3meters tall, not 30! And Barneveld is fanatically religious? Not my friend Eric who goes around drinking more than the recommended dose of beer, collecting bikes (Harleys, Aprilias etc and cars and is a Reborn Atheist. Last year after a wedding he drove one of his Harleys into the pub and performed a burnout. Before the tyre exploded visibility was down to 30cm and the pub owner was less than impressed.
royco

Model: 50 litres

Unread postby dinnerstick » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:08 pm

maybe i need to give old barneveld a second chance! sounds great!
dinnerstick

Model: 20 litres

Unread postby Twonky » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:53 pm

dinnerstick wrote:
royco wrote:PS: I did a lot of business in a little town called Barneveld, home of de kippen! My friend lived on the mountain, which was at least 30 meters high.
By the way, I had nothing to do with chickens.

ha! chicken world! it's world famous?? i bike around/through barneveld often, in the veluwe, searching for the "hill". generally finding chickens and churches only, and leaving barneveld as swiftly as possible. a sleepy little fanatically religious speck on the map!

LOL

Hai Royco, yes I had to miss Cape Town, and I would also have loved to have visited the Drakensbergen... but that is how it goes, when you are just over 20 and working abroad for the first time, all work and no play....
That seriously changed later.... I remember a visit to Stockholm, where I with one other consultant thought to spike our boss with a serious dinner bill (they had a policy to reimburse all bills) so we worked the bill up to something like 2500 guilders (now roughly $1600) ... ;-)

I now work for a company originally from our bible belt, and the majority is very serious indeed, but not all, and I can imagine your friend causing some serious looks in town ;-)

Cheers
:cheers:
Twonky

Unread postby royco » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:56 am

2500 Gulden??? Sheeeyittt!!!!
royco

Unread postby Twonky » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:29 pm

royco wrote:2500 Gulden??? Sheeeyittt!!!!

Stockholm, Japanese restaurant good food and some bottles of wine...

Yes it was totally ludicrous, and when I handed in the bill, my manager didn't even flinch....

At least it is a good story to tell ;-)

:cheers:
Twonky

Re: RE: New BM fan

Unread postby BelfastBrewer » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:30 am

niels wrote:Voila... I contacted Speidel to get a digital copy of the drawing:

These sorts of information will be added to the wiki (which will be online by the summer, I hope).

Niels

OMG. This picture changes everything.

The Speidel manual (for both 20L & 50L) says "use the upper three filling level rings on the tie rod (15, 20 and 25 l or 45, 50, 55l)."

I, perhaps foolishly, presumed this meant the lower 3 markings on the 50L similarly marked 15/20/25L. So that the target volume is consistently represented by the middle mark.

But no, they actually mark 20/25/30L? Changing the target-volume to the lower mark for the bottom 3 markings?
Back to the drawing-board for Brew #5 :D
BelfastBrewer

Re: New BM fan

Unread postby Eldoreth » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:28 pm

And... With the empty maltpipe installed right Niels?
Kristof
Lamontius.net
Eldoreth

Unread postby bierfest » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:12 pm

niels wrote:Voila... I contacted Speidel to get a digital copy of the drawing:

These sorts of information will be added to the wiki (which will be online by the summer, I hope).

Niels

@Neils.. Are you sure this is correct?? If you look at the book supplied with the BM ( http://www.speidels-braumeister.de/down ... ister.html ) it states that the bottom 3 measurements on the bar are 15l, 20l & 25l

This is what I have been working off on my 50l bm model.. Hopefully the booklet is correct.. otherwise that would not be good :-)
bierfest

Unread postby niels » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:37 am

bierfest wrote:@Neils.. Are you sure this is correct?? If you look at the book supplied with the BM ( http://www.speidels-braumeister.de/down ... ister.html ) it states that the bottom 3 measurements on the bar are 15l, 20l & 25l

This is what I have been working off on my 50l bm model.. Hopefully the booklet is correct.. otherwise that would not be good :-)

The manual states:
BM 20/50 manual on page 11 wrote:The markings on the tie rod indicate the filling level of 15l, 20l and 25l/ 45l, 50l and 55l.

I think these are the upper markings they refer to for the 20l model (15, 20, 25) and the 50l model (45, 50, 55).

When you buy the short malt pipe you get a printed copy of the image as shown earlier in the thread. When using the short malt pipe you use the lower markings wich are 20, 25 and 30l.

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby bierfest » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:54 pm

niels wrote:
When you buy the short malt pipe you get a printed copy of the image as shown earlier in the thread. When using the short malt pipe you use the lower markings wich are 20, 25 and 30l.

- Niels

I bought my brauemeister 2 years ago as a full package with the shorter malt pipe supplied - I dont recall ever getting one of these with it :-(
Need to investigate this as it would have a major positive impact on my efficiencies... might even explain a few things....

Actually.. I think you could be right... I have just seen this: http://speidels-braumeister.de/shop/en/ ... r-20-litre
two things
1. It indicates that the volumes are as you say above
2. It also indicates that the shortened maltpipe is for making 25l batches and not 20l batches.
bierfest

Unread postby Batz » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:59 pm

interesting, has anyone asked Speidel to confirm this?
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
Batz

Unread postby niels » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:26 pm

Batz wrote:interesting, has anyone asked Speidel to confirm this?

Confirm what, Batz?

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

Unread postby Batz » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:34 pm

OK so am I correct assuming that with the short malt pipe and strainers fitted the water volume on the lower marks is increased by 5lt?
Your not a real brewer until you own a Braumeister
Batz

Unread postby niels » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:02 am

Batz wrote:OK so am I correct assuming that with the short malt pipe and strainers fitted the water volume on the lower marks is increased by 5lt?

From the manual wrote:Start off by filling 23l/53l brewing water into the vessel (to approx. 2 cm below the upper marking). The malt pipe is not yet inserted. The markings on the tie rod indicate the filling level of 15l, 20l and 25l / 45l, 50l and 55l.

Reading this I assume that the markings are only correct without the malt pipe inserted. The 15/20/25 markings are for the BM20 and the 45/50/55 are for the BM50. In the manual there is no mention of the short malt pipe.

The diagram earlier in this thread is a bit confusing as it pictures the malt pipe inserted... I'll ask Ralf for confirmation!

- Niels
niels
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome!